Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit 50th state last year, now...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RV parks is iffy, some won’t even allow DIY Van conversions because they are not built in a RV factory. So you have to call ahead and ask if they allow cars. Example was The Bearded Tesla just took a trip to the Key West and at one of the RV resorts, they were very rude and told him to get the F... out! So it’s best to call ahead and ask.

Wow!! Haven't run into that!! Been turned away due to being full - but rarely. Then again, I have never over-nighted and most RV Parks have vacancies during the daytime. After all, just need a couple hours - so extra profit for the Park. One slot - RV leaves, Tesla charges, new RV arrives. Just fillin' in the dead space.
Smart Park would put in a few outlet parking spaces (less room, minimum cost) and advertise.

Wow!! Haven't run into that!! Been turned away due to being full - but rarely. Then again, I have never over-nighted and most RV Parks have vacancies during the daytime. After all, just need a couple hours - so extra profit for the Park. One slot - RV leaves, Tesla charges, new RV arrives. Just fillin' in the dead space.

It seems best to call in advance, and even make reservations if possible. One time I called ahead and was told "no car or tent camping". Her excuse was that they were redoing their 'facilities' so were only open to full sized RVs. NBD as there was another place a couple miles away that had no problem with it.

Smart Park would put in a few outlet parking spaces (less room, minimum cost) and advertise.

I agree. And I've talked with one park owner who was looking into exactly this. But with the proliferation of all the DCFC sites that are being installed, along with longer range cars, the time may be passing for them to get on-board.