Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit a Deer....no one hurt in vehicle.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving home from Wenatchee, and was on Hwy 97. I was doing between 50-65...not sure, as I was trying to slow down, and bam, a deer hit the front of my Model Y....thankfully my family was all ok, and I was able to pull over and make sure the vehicle was ok to drive home...it was, but wow, I sure hope it gets fixed FAST. Anyone want to guess costs?
image_67212545 (1).JPG

Attachments

• image_50731521.JPG
    image_50731521.JPG
    858.2 KB · Views: 189
  • image_50433025.JPG
    image_50433025.JPG
    687.9 KB · Views: 176
YIKES! That's a lot of damage. Designed in crumple zones did their job, but will cost $$$.
Sadly, based on numerous posts here and on other auto forums, getting it fixed "fast" isn't going to happen, depending on your region and parts availability. Very sorry about that.
Good luck.

Driving home from Wenatchee, and was on Hwy 97. I was doing between 50-65...not sure, as I was trying to slow down, and bam, a deer hit the front of my Model Y....thankfully my family was all ok, and I was able to pull over and make sure the vehicle was ok to drive home...it was, but wow, I sure hope it gets fixed FAST. Anyone want to guess costs?View attachment 935642
Best hope it’s totaled as the repair may take six months or more, depending.

Deer is dead. Good news is it happened fast and the deer probably didn't feel too much pain. Even getting a quote is 45 days out. Then getting it repaired is: End of Aug/Sept
Don't get in front of me, but Crash Champions Monroe of Spokane WA was able to get me in for a quote within 10 days. Initially when it looked like just body panels and cooling system stuff up front they estimated repairs would be 3 to 5 weeks... so maybe better luck for you with that.

Now that they're waiting for the frame rail parts to show up they're estimating end of June for me...

Reactions: jwb2781
Best hope it’s totaled as the repair may take six months or more, depending.
For a eight month old Performance Y State Farm was suggesting the total value would be somewhere around the mid $40k's.... That would be like $20k out of pocket to replace it new and probably still $5k+ to replace it with a used Performance Y with around 10k miles on it (mine has 9,400). As much as a total might be quicker initially, I'm not sure how much of a fight you would have to put up to get much closer to the actual value these are still selling for used.

Reactions: jebinc
Did they total the car at that point, what is considered total d out of curiosity?
They have not… I asked them what the magic number would be and they said it looks like one hasn’t been established yet… so beats me.

The State Farm rep I was talking to seemed hyper focused on my $500 deductible and was trying to figure out if in my situation (not at fault accident but the other party was under insured) it would be reduced down to $300. For the life of me I could not make him understand I didn’t give a crap about my deductible… I guess they’re used to a lot of people calling in where $500 to $1000 is literally killer to them.

I’m on the other side trying to think about if maybe it would be like four or five grand out of pocket (after the $7500 tax credit) to get a new one depending how much they paid out if it was totaled, lol I probably would jump at that… $8-$12k out of pocket… probably would pass and hope they do a good job repairing mine.

I’m also not sure he knew the age of my car (might have instead been looking at when I switched to State Farm, two years ago), because he tossed out some “guesses” in the mid $40k but then said he knew a new one could go up near $60k… well mine is 8 months old… not a lot of wiggle room between that and “new.”

Edit. He also mentioned they don’t send estimators out to look at the vehicle when the vehicle is at an approved (in network) shop, which mine is. Then they just take the word of the shop and the shop will determine if it’s totaled… I’m sure the shop really wants to turn away the $17,000 in labor they have coming to them…