Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit a deer...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry about that, hard to tell the damage on the bumper but although the hood seems significant, I would encourage you to investigate PDR (paintless dent removal) before surrendering your car for an extended time to a body shop. The experts will work for hours and the really good ones can remove fender and hood damage with creases and their work is amazing. The challenge is finding someone good and I'm sure in the DC area the car clubs can point you to one.

Sorry about that, hard to tell the damage on the bumper but although the hood seems significant, I would encourage you to investigate PDR (paintless dent removal) before surrendering your car for an extended time to a body shop. The experts will work for hours and the really good ones can remove fender and hood damage with creases and their work is amazing. The challenge is finding someone good and I'm sure in the DC area the car clubs can point you to one.

Thanks but I took the car to the Tesla recommended shop which is also part of my insurance network. No haggling with insurance and the shop being certified should make the repair appropriate.

I hit a deer 2 hours after delivery. It till Tesla 6 weeks to send the body shop the parts needed. Cost the insurance company 10k to fix. But with Deer its almost always just cosmetic nothing to cause issues down the line.

Ouch, too bad. This is one of my fears on the country roads. Really can't do anything about it it happens so quick. I looked into one of those save-a-deer whistle thingy's but didn't bother. Most people i talk to upstate say they are useless

Bummer. Glad you're OK and things are moving along with the repair. We were up driving along the Rainy River last week which is packed full of deer.

Will you be able to drive the car while they're waiting on parts or stuck with an ICE?

I got T boned by a deer. $10k plus in repair costs with two doors that were replaced. Sucks big time. Took 5-6 weeks to fix after parts delivery.

Have deer whistles installed...was not very optimistic about them but have to say they prevented 3 more hits.

Have deer whistles installed...was not very optimistic about them but have to say they prevented 3 more hits.
I used to drive on a road to work every day where deer were very plentiful. I was in a Dodge Ram 1500 and boy did it live up to its name! It rammed (or was rammed by) about a dozen deer over two and a half years. Major damage (to the truck) twice, and minor damage a couple more times. Always body work only, except the first one, wherein I had to have the power steering cooler replaced because of damaged fins. Geico paid for each repair with no change to my premium on three occasions. I only had to pay the $500 deductible each time.

After the first couple of collisions I added deer whistles. The next collision a few months later knocked them both off. I never bothered to replace them.

• Informative
Reactions: zambono