Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit a Few Plastic Barrels, Pay Half Your Car's Value

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hit a few of these....
Barrels.png

Pay This...
RepairEstimate.png

The damage was an order of magnitude above the initial ins co estimate of around $3k. The car is in the shop now and I doubt if I'll ever see it again for the next few months. 213.5 hours of labor. Isn't that enough to make a new one?

Could you post pics - where was damage?

Don’t have experience w/Model 3, but unsurprising depending on damage if an S. My 1st 6 mos of ownership, sideswiped another car and damaged rear quarter panel. Most expensive part on car. If they would have replaced would have been $13-$15k. They did with just labor -$3800. Like you I was stunned.

Welcome to Tesla body repair.

Sorry for the pain. Good luck.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Already gave the story and I don't want to get into it again here in this thread. I was so blown away by the total bill that I figured you folks would find it interesting.
automatic-emergency-braking-failure-the-movie.160407

Oh wow, didn't see that prior thread. Glad you're ok though. If they can specify exactly what the "mechanical" and "structural" labor entailed, you might be able to convince the insurance company to total it.

Already gave the story and I don't want to get into it again here in this thread. I was so blown away by the total bill that I figured you folks would find it interesting.
automatic-emergency-braking-failure-the-movie.160407
When I was a city bus driver and there was an occasional orange cone in my lane, I would just hit it with no damage to the bus. One day I was driving a Ford Cortina and was about to hit a cone when I realized that my usual nonchalant striking of the cone might not work well, but it was too late to do anything. But the Cortina was also undamaged.

This story just keeps giving!

That estimate looks like a Tesla document. Have you tried to find an independent?

Why would this OP attempt to farm it out somewhere? The line "customer pays 0" means that OPs insurance is paying. OPs insurance is paying anyway, so as long as they pay, there is no reason to "shop it around", unless its considered totaled and OP wants to keep it.

Reactions: Wizard2416