Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit and run caught by sentry mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dude - you call this a "hit and run" !?!?
What are you - from midWest or something?
This is an average garden variety parking job in 'da City.
Any surface areas of your car that are exposed to contact with other cars' bumpers will, inevitably, take damage from parallel parking encounters. Some bumper-car encounters will be initiated by others, some by yourself. It's a cost of owning and parallel parking a car in 'da City.

It is how it is.

No, it’s not. No one cares that people in “’da city” can’t park. You do damage, you pay for it. You’re supposed to leave your contact info and report it, and you don’t? That’s a hit and run.

Where the heck are YOU from?! Being from NYC does not absolve anyone from doing the right thing, or following the rules.

Any type of contact where the driver left without leaving contact info is a technical "hit and run". I had a door ding and the insurance company classified it as that.

My door ding caught the driver's plates and my insurance (Geico) did a carrier lookup to ID the driver. Funny enough they had Geico too. It was solved as other drive's fault in just a few days. As others have mentioned, just call your insurance company, send them the video, and let them take care of it.

Reactions: valaeyron
Did they request to see the video? Or did they accept responsibility by virtue of your having the video?
I proactively sent the video along with the claim. They spent a few days trying to reach out to the driver of the other vehicle, who was completely unresponsive, and then they told me they accepted 100% responsibility. Not sure if that would have been different if she somehow came up with a story as to how she wasn't responsible.