Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit and Run No Sentry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone apparently backed into my front bumper in a WaWa parking lot yesterday. Didnt notice it until this morning. Unfortunately didnt have Sentry mode on. Lesson learned. Are lead times for parts still in the months?
photo2.jpg photo1.jpg

Someone apparently backed into my front bumper in a WaWa parking lot yesterday. Didnt notice it until this morning. Unfortunately didnt have Sentry mode on. Lesson learned. Are lead times for parts still in the months?
View attachment 464209 View attachment 464210

Sorry this happened to you. Same thing happened to me. Good news - car insurance covered mine and did not cause my rate to go up. Also the local Tesla approved body shop completed the repair in about 4 days. Good luck.

• Helpful
Reactions: RobC
If your sensors are still working okay you can at least drive the car while parts are on order. (You can, of course, still drive it even if the sensors are not working but you might be nagged by alerts the entire time.)

Sensors are working though I havent checked the accuracy. Police wont ask the Wawa for camera files. Im on my own if I want to investigate. Not sure how forthcoming Wawa will be but I will give it a shot.

Sucks this happened, but let this be a PSA to everyone - ALWAYS have Sentry Mode enabled. It won't stop the incident happening in most cases, but your percentage chances of catching whomever it is that caused the damage is likely high when it's another vehicle involved.

Yes no doubt sentry would have caught this. I now have it enabled everywhere.... Video from the Wawa is inconclusive. A white right hand drive USPS truck does back into the spot next to me while there. You cant see on the video if they clipped my car and cant see my car move at all from an impact. My coworkers (law enforcement personnel) think 100% it was the USPS vehicle and the driver couldnt see the approach because it was a right hand drive vehicle.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde