Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit and Run on a parking lot on 3rd Line and Dundas in Oakville

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just got back to my car to find out it was hit in the rear left corner. No note whatsoever. Looked in the sentry events and found the culprit. The license plate is also visible. How do I proceed now? Went to the collision reporting centre on Dundas but it's closed on Sunday.

Attachments

• 20200223_160648.jpg
    20200223_160648.jpg
    854.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 20200223_160656.jpg
    20200223_160656.jpg
    890.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 20200223_154114.jpg
    20200223_154114.jpg
    832.2 KB · Views: 64
So just got back to my car to find out it was hit in the rear left corner. No note whatsoever. Looked in the sentry events and found the culprit. The license plate is also visible. How do I proceed now? Went to the collision reporting centre on Dundas but it's closed on Sunday.
Did your car alarm go off (you would have gotten a notification in the app)? Just curious if this triggered the alarm or not. Doesn't look like a huge hit, but a scrape so I'm wondering how sensitive the alarm is for things like this.

Glad you got their license plate. Hope they get charged with failing to remain, or their insurance takes a hit, or both.

2 panels, but should be simple body work. Re paint plus dent repair, probably 2-3k I'm guessing.

Did your car alarm go off (you would have gotten a notification in the app)? Just curious if this triggered the alarm or not. Doesn't look like a huge hit, but a scrape so I'm wondering how sensitive the alarm is for things like this.

Glad you got their license plate. Hope they get charged with failing to remain, or their insurance takes a hit, or both.

2 panels, but should be simple body work. Re paint plus dent repair, probably 2-3k I'm guessing.

No, the alarm didn't go off.

Ok, onto the next step. Any recommendation for a repair centre in the Oakville area for this?

No, the alarm didn't go off.

Ok, onto the next step. Any recommendation for a repair centre in the Oakville area for this?

Too bad. On the footage did it look like the person knew what they did? Ie did they get out and look at the damage then drive away, or even pause after they hit, or just kept driving? I wonder if possibly they didn't even notice given the alarm didn't go off.

Budds collision in Oakville is tesla approved fyi. Hopefully if you have the license plate your deductable still get waived (I think that happens if it's a hit and run, your insurance company goes after the other driver for the deductable... Don't quote me on that though....).

Good luck.

Reactions: ATC@LWSK
Too bad. On the footage did it look like the person knew what they did? Ie did they get out and look at the damage then drive away, or even pause after they hit, or just kept driving? I wonder if possibly they didn't even notice given the alarm didn't go off.

Budds collision in Oakville is tesla approved fyi. Hopefully if you have the license plate your deductable still get waived (I think that happens if it's a hit and run, your insurance company goes after the other driver for the deductable... Don't quote me on that though....).

Good luck.

Will visit Budds tomorrow, hopefully the wait isn't too bad. Any other suggestions for a shop (not necessarily Tesla approved), that has experience with bumper painting and minor repairs on Teslas? I don't think this is actually that bad, tbh (gotta stay positive) - it's just minor cosmetics.

Will visit Budds tomorrow, hopefully the wait isn't too bad. Any other suggestions for a shop (not necessarily Tesla approved), that has experience with bumper painting and minor repairs on Teslas? I don't think this is actually that bad, tbh (gotta stay positive) - it's just minor cosmetics.
It's a bit further out for you but Smit Auto Body in Burlington just off Brant re painted a door on my wife's bolt 2 months after picking it up when someone at the go train put a deep scratch in it (down to the primer in some spots). It looked like an accidental scrape with luggage more than a deliberate attack, but on a 2 month old car it was still a pisser.

They were super friendly, and I paid 220 cash to get the door re painted since it was a pretty simple sand/re paint job. I did see a model 3 there a few months back with front end damage so they have at least worked on one. They were recommended to me by a neighbor and I've since passed a few people their way because the owner was super nice. I'd go back there for minor paint touch ups without too much worry so check them out.

It's been a while but I think the owner was called Steve. I talked to him and his son a few times. At the time we had one of the only Bolt's in Ontario and they had a lot of questions about it.

If heading towards Toronto you can try 427 Auto Collision. It's just off the Gardiner south at Kipling. I've had work done on some cars (but not a Tesla) and they return immaculate. https://www.427autocollision.com/

I had a couple of small divots from a truck that bumped me. I went to Inception Auto in Oakville and they did a fantastic job.

I was very happy with the work done at Alps Auto Repair in South Etobicoke. Fortunately, they haven't touched my Tesla. They did work on my Mazda (front bumper replacement and a big dent in the metal roof from a parking gate). Antonio is the owner. Leary ("Larry") is the mechanic. Both were very good to work with. Two neighbours have gone there and also been happy with the results (in once case, Leary talked the neighbour out of doing any work -- certainly not your situation). Pricing was very good.

If you have footage, go to the collision reporting center and file a report. Get the police officers on site sign off and say its a hit and run - show them the video (you'll likely lose an USB stick for the duration of the claim).

They'll investigate and give the incident number to your insurance when you file the claim. They'll do the rest. Police and insurance take hit and run on public roads seriously and the person(s) responsible is in for a nasty surprise.

My driver door ding was 4k+ change and then another 9k for the rental period. Rear Quarter panel = PITA, this is likely in the 5-7k range + rental.

What's wrong with people these days?

This morning leaving the gym I literally stood and watched some guy try to pull into the parking space beside me. He scraped all along the car on the other side of the space (a Mercedes.) When he got out I told him what he did and that he better leave a note. He said he would so I grabbed a photo of the damage, him, and his car plate and left. As I was at the traffic light I look over and see the guy leaving.

Sigh. Now I need to track down the victim so he can deal with it. BTW, not smart to do that in a place where the same people come and go pretty much every day....