Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit and run on brand new Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to court last Wednesday on the “leaving the scene”. The State suggested dismissal after the defendant met certain conditions. I objected and showed her the FaceBook screenshots we took, and said I’d like an adjudication on the charges, especially since this wasn’t his first hit-and-run. In the end he pled guilty and was so adjudicated with a fine, so it will stay on his record. Probably the best we could hope for.

As an aside, still waiting to hear back from the body shop about scheduling the repair. Not a big deal, since the car is fully driveable but we’d still like to get it done.
Great job holding them accountable. We need more people like yourself to step up to the plate and help prosecute this criminal behavior.

What we need is stiffer penalties to discourage behavior like this, it shouldn’t rest on the victim’s shoulders to enforce the laws. My wife was side-swiped like this, and she chased the perp down. While I wouldn’t encourage this, she caught the fool and made him pull over. Local PD said it wasn’t a hit and run because they ultimately traded insurance info, never mind the fact she “followed” him for 5 miles or more before he stopped. Ridiculous. OP, glad no one was injured and hopefully that individual won’t do it for a third time!

Im glad everything worked out! Do you happen to know what software he used to see the plate?
Here’s what he told me:

“We used the vlc player. It’s an app that’s usually used to watch video. It has a feature where you can take slow down the frame rate and then take snap shots of each one. When you screen shot the video you can then edit them in different filters. Some of the filter looked blank when we tried to save them. So we used an open source app named greenshot to snip each picture and save them.”

Reactions: ToasterOven99