Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit and Run today, nose cone damaged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
needless to say super pissed today. we parked in a neighborhood area in Los Angeles and went hiking today. when came back, saw a huge dent in my nose cone. that appears to be the only thing damaged. on the photos, it looks like tape is coming off, but its the clear bra that has been damaged and coming off now from the hit. anyone know how easy these are to replace or where to get a replacement cheap? i hear alot of people dont want theirs cause many are upgrading to refreshes now. any help can be of use. thanks!

Attachments

• 20210118_221428.jpg
    20210118_221428.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 20210118_221439.jpg
    20210118_221439.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 20210118_221459.jpg
    20210118_221459.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 111
needless to say super pissed today. we parked in a neighborhood area in Los Angeles and went hiking today. when came back, saw a huge dent in my nose cone. that appears to be the only thing damaged. on the photos, it looks like tape is coming off, but its the clear bra that has been damaged and coming off now from the hit. anyone know how easy these are to replace or where to get a replacement cheap? i hear alot of people dont want theirs cause many are upgrading to refreshes now. any help can be of use. thanks!

I am so sorry to hear that. Fortunately it is a fairly easy fix. I was paranoid that something like that was going to happen to me at some point, so shortly after getting my car I put my original nosecone in a box and got a used one from eBay. The one I bought was a bit scratched but I wrapped it with vinyl. You might want to explore just wrapping yours, it is extremely easy and it might be enough to hide the damage.

Nosecone Wrapping Options

Otherwise, as I mentioned, you can find used ones on eBay ($200-$300). Just make sure to get one that has the holes for the parking sensors, like yours. Chances are the nosecone will come without the brackets that hold those sensors in place. You can just remove them from your current nosecone and put them in the new one. They are held in place just with automotive double sided tape. You can also get a new set of brackets from Tesla if you don't want to go through the trouble. I did it for mine, just to be extra safe in case I broke something, and they are about $6 each, if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps!