Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit by parking charge at Northampton UK supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has any Tesla owner beat ParkingEye in court over this issue? I am waiting for them to take me to court and will fight it all the way. I even have an email from Campanile to ParkingEye telling them to cancel the fine, and they still refused!
I wouldn't worry too much. Most likely is that they will send a few well-worded letters which just about stay within the law whilst designed to create maximum concern and then they disappear if those don't work. If in the unlikely event they did issue proceedings then just make sure you follow all of the Court's directions and the likely worst case is that you would get a judgement against you for the original £100 - costs are extremely rarely assessed in small claims and usually only where a party has acted unreasonably. CCJ's aren't registered if you pay within 30 days of the judgement so no effect on your credit score etc. As others have posted there are plenty of forums which are dedicated to the subject and would be worth a read of if you are looking for guidance.

• Informative
Reactions: ACarneiro
I never really understood how these thing that say something like "by using this website you agree to..."

How can that possibly be binding?

And if it is, why don't we all publish something somewhere saying something like "by allowing me to use this carpark you agree to give me six hundred pounds and waive all claims against me"?

serious question btw

Reactions: Rustybkts
Not quite the same thing but I had a recent PCN fine through from Cardiff council for using a bus lane. Looking closely at the data sent it was clear that the car wasn't an Audi A1 and not a Tesla S and the number was xxxx Gxx and not my xxxx Cxx. So I filled in the on-line argument form pointing out they need to send their operatives to specsavers and that I'm wholly offended at the though that I'd ever been to Cardiff. 1 week and no acknowledgement.

Not quite the same thing but I had a recent PCN fine through from Cardiff council for using a bus lane. Looking closely at the data sent it was clear that the car wasn't an Audi A1 and not a Tesla S and the number was xxxx Gxx and not my xxxx Cxx. So I filled in the on-line argument form pointing out they need to send their operatives to specsavers and that I'm wholly offended at the though that I'd ever been to Cardiff. 1 week and no acknowledgement.
The problem is there are no consequences. For these mistakes. The worst case for them is they have to cancel the fine. If mistakes like these incurred a financial penalty maybe they would take more care. Some people get this happen multiple times a month.

Reactions: PeteSanders
The problem is there are no consequences. For these mistakes. The worst case for them is they have to cancel the fine. If mistakes like these incurred a financial penalty maybe they would take more care. Some people get this happen multiple times a month.
You could take them to court for breach of the data protection act.

Other options are to complain to their data controller, their affiliated industry body (BPA), or the DVLA (but they won't care).

And h
Interesting they’ve accessed your data, when the incident doesn’t relate to you.
And, Having done so have not done any due diligence such as checking the details returned match the image. Surely this must violate some sort of duty of care?

This story kind of says it all

1658576514123.png