Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit Curb and now it's the start of month 4 Waiting for Repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So does anyone have any idea as to what percentage of market value tesla offers? Ballpark is fine.
As with any car, there are a number of factors that can go into determining a trade or wholesale value. Tesla's 36 month “Resale Value Guarantee” (which required financing through one of Tesla's loan programs, following Tesla's recommended service schedule, etc.) was 50% of base price plus 43% of options, minus $0.25 per mile over 45K miles as well as deductions for damage, excessive wear and tear, etc.

On their new inventory cars, one of formula's I've heard that has been used deducts 1% of sticker price per month in inventory and $1 per mile. So, a new Model S with a sticker price of $120K that has been in inventory for 6 months and has 4K miles would have a reduced price of $108,800 but that’s still for a new/untitled car. It's not a used car price or a trade/wholesale number.

Did you get a loaner Canuck? With tesla accident repairs, you are not provided one. Therefore, that cost comes out of your pocket as well. Unless I should have been provided one and am just naive. I guess I never asked because they had to tow my car a few hours away.

We have government mandated compulsory auto liability insurance in BC (called ICBC - standing for: Insurance Corporation of British Columbia). If an accident is not your fault, ICBC provides you with a loaner. However, if you have the "Roadstar Package" which is only available to drivers with many years of safe driving, and which I have, then even if an accident is your fault you get a loaner. But the loaner vehicles are just Budget Rental type vehicles -- nothing fancy and no EV's of course.

Since hitting the curb was your fault, it makes sense that you don't get a loaner. I hope your repairs get done properly, and as quickly as possible. I wouldn't be happy either if I was in your position but things could be worse... perhaps look at it this way:

One week old today, and then backed into....

as Im getting the feeling that there are a few haters on here..

THANKS!!!!

I haven't laughed out loud in a long, long time!!!

Yepper, there're just a few...!!!!!

But you are in luck if you haven't contacted JonMc yet, DO SO IMMEDIATELY! He really is with Tesla and if anybody can help, he can!

I was going to advise you to find out who your regional service manager was, because I went that route once and got helped. But you're doing way better than that if you contact JonMc!

Good luck!

Well everyone. I am happy to report that I received a call today from the body shop. My car is ready and I can pick it up tomorrow :) A special thanks to JonMc. Not sure if it was a coincidence or if this post had a little to do with it. Either way, it doesn't matter. I'm just happy it's done. Total cost of repair was 27,000.00. I'm so happy I could cry!!!!!!!!! I will post one last update when I get the car back and can confirm it's top notch. It's going to be like taking delivery all over again!!

Reactions: hiroshiy
Well everyone. I am happy to report that I received a call today from the body shop. My car is ready and I can pick it up tomorrow :) A special thanks to JonMc. Not sure if it was a coincidence or if this post had a little to do with it. Either way, it doesn't matter. I'm just happy it's done. Total cost of repair was 27,000.00. I'm so happy I could cry!!!!!!!!! I will post one last update when I get the car back and can confirm it's top notch. It's going to be like taking delivery all over again!!
Are you serious? $27k??

20160630_180150.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Zybd1201 and Max*
Super glad you're happy and that you'll have your car back in action for the holiday weekend. Happy 4th.