Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit Curb and now it's the start of month 4 Waiting for Repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how does it work with the insurance? I got a similar insurance quote for a model s as I did for my Scion FR-S.. I was surprised and even more surprised when I read stories like these.
My insurance from my 10 year old non-luxury car increased by maybe $50/year (I can't remember anymore) as compared to the Tesla. I expected it to double, heh.

I wonder if theres more to this suspension thing after all .. it WOULD explain why there going out of there way to switch people from coils to SAS and the delay for everyone who didn't switch are still waiting for delivery

Sorry, that makes no sense. Suspension guy had sas not coils. Up-post jonmc noted that op's car is not showing up in tesla service center records. suspect parts issue.

Thanks for your opinion ecar fan but Im certainly not doing this for my health. Maybe the drive motor repair was from having to drive the car out of traffic with a completely flat tire. Who knows. I certainly didnt come on here to post false statements. I will keep repeating this and that is I will continue to update everyone through this process as I think it's a great learning experience for all of us. I will end by posting the final repair bill once I get my car back along with pictures of before and after repair.
So you have pictures? You want us to believe your story which I have to admit sounds very fishy. Prove me wrong with some accident damage photos! I feel for you but have an underlying suspicion that you joined TMC to put out negative information. True, you don't HAVE to prove me wrong but if you want some advice from TMC you will have to show it's real. I have gained a ton of advice and info on this forum and was convinced to buy an S largely by reading TMC.

Reactions: Shawn Snider
OP is new, we were all new once.
OP doesn't know the terminology (Tesla certified body shop vs. Tesla service center), we did't know the terminology at one point.
OP stated that he came here to vent, most of us have done that on this forum or others.
etc. etc. etc.

Cut the guy some slack. A Tesla rep contacted him, let them sort it out instead of assuming the OP is a troll.
I'm not assuming. I and others just want a little proof it's for real. You have to admit it sounds fishy.
OP doesn't know the terminology (Tesla certified body shop vs. Tesla service center)??
I don't need to be a forum expert to know the difference between a body shop and and a Service Center.
I usually do not hit on others here because the trolls are annoying and childish who sit on a computer all day and avoid the real world.
But, he will need to provide proof due to the smelly nature of his first post. Maybe he is just not good at articulating

how does it work with the insurance? I got a similar insurance quote for a model s as I did for my Scion FR-S.. I was surprised and even more surprised when I read stories like these.

My car was moved via flatbed from the accident scene to the Tesla service center. An insurance adjuster from my insurance company came to the service center, inspected the car, and wrote their estimate. That went through the insurance company to approve, which it was, then Tesla began work. They ordered parts for drive systems and suspension, repaired everything. Then they sent the car to a Tesla-certified body shop for minor adjustments to make sure doors worked smoothly, etc. That took a while because the body shop needed small trim parts & things like that. It went from the body shop back to the Tesla service center for alignment and final testing.

Final bill was more than the insurance estimate, so Tesla filed an addendum with the insurance company for the increased amount, which was approved. To pick up the car, I paid a balance to Tesla which was basically my insurance deductible.

Sorry, that makes no sense. Suspension guy had sas not coils. Up-post jonmc noted that op's car is not showing up in tesla service center records. suspect parts issue.

Ok then it makes no sense .. however reading the above and the whole suspension thing made me wonder. But aside from that how would one view service center records if they don't work for tesla.. and if they do work for tesla should they be coming to a internet forum to tell people that some customers car isn't showing up in service center records.

Call me skeptical, but the fact that the OP wasn't a little more excited/grateful that a Tesla employee (senior exec no less) actually responded to a forum post and is actively looking into the issue is a little fishy IMO. If this were me, and I had been waiting over 4 months for parts from Tesla, I would be ECSTATIC that someone from Tesla was getting involved to figure out how to get me in my Tesla sooner!

I also suspect an ICE-lover is trying to spread bad information about Tesla...prove us wrong with some photos or a little bit more credibility...

there going out of there way to switch people from coils to SAS
I do not understand what you mean by that. Who is "going out of there (sic) way"? Are you saying that Tesla would rather everyone ordered their car with SAS instead of coils for some reason? I do not think that Tesla is doing that.

The OP seemed quite reluctant to respond to the person who posted who said they worked for Tesla and sent them a PM. What harm is there in responding to a PM?

Photos of the accident damage would be interesting to see. OP states that a wheel hit a curb, "zero" body damage, but all kinds of other unspecified (except for a "steering knuckle") damage and the front motor had to be replaced. I have a hard time envisioning an accident like that. Photos would be helpful.

Ok then it makes no sense .. however reading the above and the whole suspension thing made me wonder. But aside from that how would one view service center records if they don't work for tesla.. and if they do work for tesla should they be coming to a internet forum to tell people that some customers car isn't showing up in service center records.
Why not? I think it's great that we have someone with authority looking into things. Don't scare him off with unnecessary paranoia.

Photos of the accident damage would be interesting to see. OP states that a wheel hit a curb, "zero" body damage, but all kinds of other unspecified (except for a "steering knuckle") damage and the front motor had to be replaced. I have a hard time envisioning an accident like that. Photos would be helpful.

True Story. Shortly after I had my previous AWD sedan tuned to make 400awhp/400awtq I decided to take TAC off and slide it around a bit. Overcooked a corner, rotated the car too much, and sent the vehicle sideways, up over a curb. All 4 wheels ended up on the dirt sidewalk. 0 body damage (bottom of the side skirt had a scrape, however it's impossible to see unless you're under the car), but I did end up needing new rims/tires and my mechanic replaced some suspension components "just in case", which I didn't really mind as insurance covered the cost.

Last edited:
So you have pictures? You want us to believe your story which I have to admit sounds very fishy. Prove me wrong with some accident damage photos! I feel for you but have an underlying suspicion that you joined TMC to put out negative information. True, you don't HAVE to prove me wrong but if you want some advice from TMC you will have to show it's real. I have gained a ton of advice and info on this forum and was convinced to buy an S largely by reading TMC.
Look at my profile pic now.

Great to hear you are on a fast track to help from the top and double nice from you to confirm it. It would be nice too if the TMC members who implied you were playing a fishy game or doubted your credibility, came forward with a public apology to you as well in this thread. It's always the same thing when someone has a complaint regarding their car : at the slightest doubt, ill intent is assumed.

• Love
Reactions: souljah798 and Max*