Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit n Run n WELP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Parked my car in the street in Encinitas, CA yesterday. Came back to find the rear driver side had been hit by i guess a car getting out of the space behind me.

There are 3 deep scratches, luckily on one panel (the one that follows to the front, under the doors).

Anyone got any advice about my options, one scratch looks like its right to the bodywork... I’m so gutted!

78006156-B76D-46AA-8F66-689723282000.jpeg 2014AA65-B5B6-47B5-9FF7-9645694F3917.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
You can check this whole other thread with hit run incident. Doesn't look good.
Someone hit my new P3D+ and drove off...

Best suggestions are to see if Tesla is willing to pull footage for you from the car's cameras. Another alternative is to hack the software to get it yourself via contacting verygreen

The last helpful suggestion I can make is if it is just cosmetic to find a body shop willing to let you drive it until all parts are in and they are ready to fix it. That way you spend the least amount of time without the car which could be months otherwise. Good Luck, sorry it happened to you.

Is there a dent or is it just paint damage? If you wash it up, most of it might wipe away. Try to use some isopropyl alcohol 50:50 mix. Might just need touch up paint or you can go on Yelp and get quotes from local dent and paint chip repair people. Would not expect it to cost too much looking at the pic. Also I would strongly encourage getting a dash cam installed. They come in all price ranges and can be lifesavers

Get a decent dash cam with a good "parking mode". I have this hooked up in two of my cars and it already caught one hit and run (old couple probably didn't even notice they hit my car) and one attempted burglary (guy trying a wire hangar on the passenger side door). I have it hooked up to an external battery pack so it records continuously even when the engine is turned off)

if there is no dent, buy the tesla paint repair kit and do it yourself if you're handy or bring it to a detailer. Buy a 1mm micro paint brush and fill it in slowly. After 30 days, sand and polish and you shouldn't be able to tell the difference unless you're looking right at it.

Get a decent dash cam with a good "parking mode". I have this hooked up in two of my cars and it already caught one hit and run (old couple probably didn't even notice they hit my car) and one attempted burglary (guy trying a wire hangar on the passenger side door). I have it hooked up to an external battery pack so it records continuously even when the engine is turned off)

VOIDH :)

First quote to repair... $3500!!

They say they need to drop the bumper and remove the rear light, replace the rear quarter glass as they are 1 time use only (its not damaged but they have to remove to paint). Half the cost is body labor just removing panels etc so they can respray.

Guess I need to keep looking :(