Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit&Run. Totaled or Repairable? A bad day for my P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plus the repair/replacement costs of all three damaged vehicles (not including his own).

I really hope the BPD or Mass State Troopers spend some time and catch this guy (or gal).
Agreed, but I was thinking more about the bonus motivation of catching someone for criminal charges, over and above civil liability. Hopefully the OP has the police involved - I would guess they'd need the police to get warrants for private security camera footage.

So the retard that caused the accident would have to pay for the repairs of all 3 cars correct? Because I can't wait to see how his wife reacts to their next credit card statement
MA has no-fault insurance. The victims deal directly with their insurance companies. If the at-fault driver can be found, their insurance companies then try to recover from the driver's insurance company (or directly from the at-fault driver, if uninsured). So the nitwit would either see their insurance rates go way up (I wonder if this counts as 3 separate at-fault accidents), or have to deal with a civil lawsuit from the victims' insurance companies (over and above criminal charges).

MA has no-fault insurance. The victims deal directly with their insurance companies. If the at-fault driver can be found, their insurance companies then try to recover from the driver's insurance company (or directly from the at-fault driver, if uninsured). So the nitwit would either see their insurance rates go way up (I wonder if this counts as 3 separate at-fault accidents), or have to deal with a civil lawsuit from the victims' insurance companies (over and above criminal charges).

It would seem, then, that the insurance companies have the most incentive to put pressure on the police. I could even see the insurance companies hiring a private investigator. The return on investment could be substantial.

The coolant may have leaked out and car stalled within a few minutes after the accident. The BMW shops should be able to tell the police which cars they had towed for repair in Boston that night or following day.

You sure it not a 6 series gran coupe? I know the part numbers said 5 series but it kinda looks like a 6 from some angles

Last edited: