Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit something on the road damaged wheel and tire.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I have a question. I was on my way home when I encountered a piece of metal that a car hit and I swerved too much and just barely hit it. I don't know why the link wont work but if you want to see I can try and DM you. however my question is would I still be able to drive it with the gash on the tire along with the dent on the wheel? How much would it be to repair. Should I go through insurance or would it be better for me to just pay out of pocket? Thank you for the help. Much love Tesla Fam!

20220405_144438.jpg

Last edited:
OEM rims are always expensive from every car brand I’ve ever owned, $650 doesn’t surprise me, my wife cracked a rim on her Audi ~15 years ago that was $1200. $285 for the tire is reasonable, is same price as tire rack many times dealers are 25% or more above tire rack.

Depending on how much your deductible is may be worth submitting to insurance. Another thing to consider is how long can your car be down. When my 3 got hit by the rock slide it was in the body shop for almost 3 months.

Is this the rim you have?

Yeah that was the one

Reactions: coleAK
Upvote 0