Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit today; am I totaled or not? Any guesses welcome

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how screwed am I?

tempImageJUW9YJ.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1377 copy.jpg
    IMG_1377 copy.jpg
    700.7 KB · Views: 60
Yikes - sorry you have this damage! Looks like it needs a new rear door, new rear quarter panel (possibly fixable without replacement), new sill, and a new rim. I can't tell if the front door is fine or not. Can't tell if B-pillar is damaged. If the B-pillar is damaged, I suspect it will be totaled. If not, maybe $25-30K to repair. Let us know how it ends up.

Any airbag deployments? Any B-pillar damage?

Based only on the apparent speeds from the video, I am guessing the answer to both of those is "no", in which case I would guess the answer to a 2021 Plaid being totaled for door and quarter panel damages to also be "no".

no airbag don't see any pillar damage, taking for estimate later this afternoon. Thanks for reassurances, will update
This same incident (driver illegally turned into me while attempting to make a left turn) happened to me while driving our MYP in the international district-Prius seem to be magnets for accidents downtown. The sill and B pillar will be the key here from what I was told by the shop (Exotic Motors in Bellevue . Our damage was $31K and was finished in 6 months (Car wasn't drivable, suspension and steering damage).
Then another 4 weeks of having to get another bumper ordered/painted/installed as the replacement developed a bulge in the intake area. Fun times, and things I learned:

Take photos of your car now so you can to document its condition. Ours suffered damage on the factory rear QP PPF while at the soap and spoiler and I had to go back and forth with management to get it fixed.

Make sure you have your insurance reimburse for your paint restoration (it will be sitting outside in the rain, the paint will get rain spots, etc.) polish and PPF/coating if applicable.

The door separating from the pillar will be interesting-I know some insurance companies will lean towards totaling it if there's extensive damage; others such as State Farm will not.

Good luck!

dude…so sorry that happened. I’ve seen worse sitting at tesla collision in Bellevue. BUT guessing that’s going to cost upwards of $30k and will be down into early next year.
When my 3 had some minor damage I took it to exotic and they couldn’t even get me in to begin anything until end of November with mid December as a timeline to get the car back (incident happened in July) I took it to tesla collision in Bellevue (where original service center was) and they got it in and out in about a month. Car is back in perfect condition and can’t even tell anything happened. Exotic is good. Imo tesla is better.

Reactions: ElectricIAC