Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hitch and Bike Rack installed on Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D8070548-41AF-493B-9BEA-7BB5E2C10323.jpeg
89ECF8D3-674F-43E8-A54F-D200FA0034C0.jpeg
Electric Bikes hauled by Electric Car!

Nice addition.
Could you share the info on hitch and the cost of installation.

Hitch is from US - Stealth Hitch Tesla Model 3 (2017 - Present) $1,151.20 Cdn with currency conversion plus $225.57 Cdn Import fees and taxes. (If you can get them to ship not using UPS then you might avoid these rip-off fees that UPS screws us with)

Bike Rack is Swagman 64686 - Amazon $560.00 Cdn

I installed myself. Not that difficult.

When you remove the Stealth Hitch attachments, you cannot tell you have a towing hitch. Really clean.

I bought the full Stealth Hitch set which includes bike rack attachment and towing ball attachment plus wiring.

This is a do it yourself project if you are handy. It took a full day 3 hours for hitch and 4 hours for wiring.

You wire to the battery terminal in the frunk and it has sensors that you attach to each wire in the tail lights that will pick up the signal while providing its own power for trailer lights. This way it does not interfere with any sensitive Tesla power management systems.

The ebikes are Scott using Bosch motors/battery. If Tesla would have ebikes then they would be Tesla.

Any other questions? Please ask.

Hitch is from US - Stealth Hitch Tesla Model 3 (2017 - Present)

Any other questions? Please ask.

I have looked in to the Torklift Eco Hitch and Stealth Hitch and what I liked about the Eco Hitch was the magnetic cover you could install when the receiver was removed (link: Tesla Model 3 Undercover - XA2002). I haven't seen anything similar on the Stealth Hitch site, unless it's related to the question "Does your vehicle have a factory cover plate" on the order page.

Does the Stealth Hitch have something similar to install when the receiver isn't in use? Alternatively I guess the Eco Hitch XA2002 part may work here too as it could attach in the same area on the Stealth Hitch as it would on the Eco Hitch.

For my BMW I have a roof rack. When we go long distances with our bikes, we typically put a pair of old tube socks taped over the handlebar grips and brake handles to keep bug guts out of the nooks and crannies. I'm wondering if a cloth bag like that adds or reduces wind resistance compared to a complex mess of mechanical parts.

I've read that the Aero hubcaps can add up to 5% extra mileage on the highway, so I'm thinking minor aerodynamic details could have a big effect on mileage.

I have been considering installing this hitch myself, I've watched the video and it seems straight forward. How difficult is it to remove all the trim, bumper etc. Did you take any photos of the work and could you post them if you did. Your US to CDN figure seems high as the current US price is $538. Did you get the 2" or 1.5"

Thanks for all your details.

2019 Model 3 LR RWD White exterior & interior