TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hitch, cargo carrier, & LED lights question

Discussion in 'Model X' started by DriverOne, Mar 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DriverOne

DriverOne Supporting Member

I have a cargo carrier that several others here have (Pro Series 63153 Rambler Hitch Cargo Carrier for 2" Receivers).

It has installed a set of LED lights: Amazon.com: ROLA 59516 LED Light Kit for ROLA Railed Cargo Carrier: Automotive

The lights have a 4-way power plug; the Model X has a 7-way socket. So an adapter is needed.

Does the Model X work with LED lights, or is an adapter adding resistance required, such as 7-Way Trailer Adapter for VW, Audi, and Porsche Towing Trailers with LED Lights Curt Custom Fit Vehicle Wiring C57003 (Still need a 7-to-4 adapter with that). Otherwise just the simple adapter alone will do, like MaxxTow Trailer Connector Adapter - 7-Way RV to 4-Way Flat - 36" Cord MaxxTow Wiring MT70086.

Trying to avoid ordering the wrong thing.

2. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I bought a similar cargo carrier, and I ordered the ROLA 59516 LED Light Kit and retrofitted it to my cargo carrier. I already had 4-7 pin adapter from my previous vehicle. Everything works fine with that set up.
    [​IMG]

• Informative x 1
  3. DriverOne

DriverOne Supporting Member

Wonderful, thank you!