Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hitch, cargo carrier, & LED lights question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a cargo carrier that several others here have (Pro Series 63153 Rambler Hitch Cargo Carrier for 2" Receivers).

It has installed a set of LED lights: Amazon.com: ROLA 59516 LED Light Kit for ROLA Railed Cargo Carrier: Automotive

The lights have a 4-way power plug; the Model X has a 7-way socket. So an adapter is needed.

Does the Model X work with LED lights, or is an adapter adding resistance required, such as 7-Way Trailer Adapter for VW, Audi, and Porsche Towing Trailers with LED Lights Curt Custom Fit Vehicle Wiring C57003 (Still need a 7-to-4 adapter with that). Otherwise just the simple adapter alone will do, like MaxxTow Trailer Connector Adapter - 7-Way RV to 4-Way Flat - 36" Cord MaxxTow Wiring MT70086.

Trying to avoid ordering the wrong thing.

I bought a similar cargo carrier, and I ordered the ROLA 59516 LED Light Kit and retrofitted it to my cargo carrier. I already had 4-7 pin adapter from my previous vehicle. Everything works fine with that set up.
tA3kw9y.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: DriverOne