Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hitch cover suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put my bike rack on and off at least once and typically twice a week. The current hitch cover is a pain to take it off and put it back. I also have a feeling that I am going to break the plastic snaps after a while. Obviously, one solution is permanently remove the hitch cover but annoyed by the looks when nothing is attached to hitch.

Anyone has suggestions or third party hitch covers that can be put on and off easily and looks good when no bike rack is attached?

Reactions: Watts_Up
The Ecohitch after market solution has you cut off the clips from the panel and then install a magnet with a handle which sticks to the receiver. Seems like the best solution in my opinion, but the consensus is that the handle they use isn't very attractive. I'm just waiting on some other accessory company to make a more attractive magnetic option.

Reactions: 52 16 57 39
The Ecohitch after market solution has you cut off the clips from the panel and then install a magnet with a handle which sticks to the receiver. Seems like the best solution in my opinion, but the consensus is that the handle they use isn't very attractive. I'm just waiting on some other accessory company to make a more attractive magnetic option.
Thanks! The magnet connection to hitch is a great concept. Checked out eco hitch solution and agree that it doesn't look very attractive.

I installed the Ecohitch, and yeah that handle they supply is fugly. Here's what I did instead to make it more stealthy. The handle I used is just a drawer hardware made of solid stainless rod, and I used SS for the nuts, bolts and washers too.

PXL_20201020_203650022.jpg

The magnetic mount that Ecohitch supplies is a great idea that was poorly executed. Their magnet is ridiculously powerful, and it would grab the inside hitch prematurely no matter how carefully I tried to insert the hitch cover. So, I modified the bracket to use a couple of magnet bars that I got on Amazon. This is now plenty secure not to fall off, but easy to remove and re-install when I'm not using the hitch.

PXL_20201020_203736315.jpg