TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hitch? on Model x?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by AzuluzA, Nov 28, 2012.

1. AzuluzA

AzuluzA Member

Not sure if this was posted already but is there a hitch mount on the back of the model X? if so anyone know the size? and towing capability?

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Specs for the Model X are not yet released - that's a prototype vehicle. Elon has tweeted about the towing capability, but that tweet was removed. The assumption is that there will be a hitch mount, but information like size and towing capability have not been announced. (Heck, we don't even know what the final vehicle config will be.)

3. EchoDelta

EchoDelta Member

Thanks Bonnie - Seeing the (maybe just fake) model C concepts floating around these days, I thought they may be thinking about a hitch/rack or even an 'opportunity hitch accessory' assembly of sorts :)
    These are what I'm referring to - see the bike rack concept sketch.
    The Tesla Model C: Unofficial, But Really Cool Looking - Gas 2

4. AzuluzA

AzuluzA Member

Thanks for the info. Figure it being a crossover it would have some power to atleast pull a jetski or something. Nothing huge like a boat.

5. SteveH

SteveH Member

So I wonder who had to walk into Elon's office and tell him, "Um, Mr. Musk, even though you've said it's a goal, we're not exactly sure that the X will be able to tow yet so could you please delete the tweet you just sent?"

I'm just guessing the rest of that conversation wasn't so fun.