Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model S Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been told that my delivery has slipped from August to September to now, November. Very unimpressed, especially i have arranged a buyer for my Merc and now will be out of a car for 4 months instead of 6 - 8 weeks.

November? No way, that's way too late. Is that because of the warp drive option?

Good things are worth waiting for but I'm really getting ready for delivery soon!

Just called delivery team, no news for my car yet. Maybe they know i complain so much here... I asked politely about the logic behind a number 60 order is being delivered later than a 173 (no offense here my friend). All she said is she need to check and will call me when there is an update.
WTF!?

With mine I am assured the warp drive unit is already at the factory awaiting installation. I am not happy. As for Alipapa's issue, that really needs a good explanation, Tesla do some things well but it worries me they can't do communication well, its the easiest thing to do.

Just saw on my Dashboard the status has changed to "in production"! Assuming it should be on track for late Aug delivery as I was told. Though it's been a looooooong wait.

Hopefully that means you'll get it mid August or close to that.

I just read here

Model S Reservation Tally - Page 267

that factory shutdown should start July 21st (and possibly last the rest of July, as previously suggested 10 days shutdown?)

Having VIN46314 I could be lucky to have my car produced before that, since it seems VIN45XXX cars are built at the moment.

Expanding on that, let's say a shipment leaves the US just after that with HK RHDs produced up until then, that should mean a batch of deliveries towards the end of August, potentially, maybe up somewhere around P47XXX. My guess. If that holds true, P48XXX and on for the HK market could likely be starting mid September and on, again, updating the speculation as new information/rumors trickle in ...

Tesla Model S X Reservations and Deliveries

There are now 15 entries for Hong Kong in this map (how about adding YOURS?). It seems no orders so far on Lantau. Would be interesting to see how a Model S would perform over the mountain on a regular basis. Imagine all the energy lost from vehicles braking on the downhill sections.

Also, the next supercharger should be in the Sai Kung area, see how many cars there! Although it's probably more needed for apartment dwellers and others with no option to install a charger. As the Macau-Zhuhai bridge comes to life, a supercharger near the airport would be very useful.

Last edited:
I have been told that my delivery has slipped from August to September to now, November. Very unimpressed, especially i have arranged a buyer for my Merc and now will be out of a car for 4 months instead of 6 - 8 weeks.

November is absurd! Or they just want to throw you a very late time (since Tesla HK really have no clue) and so when you do get yours before November you'll be a happy man?

I just want to be fair that Tesla HK cant really control unless US factory assembly the car faster, also shipping every single car separately cost very expensive. Also you need to think about those people order their car before you and those who order 1-2 years ago, and other thing is how about other oversea customer in different countries? Tesla is only about 10 years, not like BMW and MB that more than 100 years old.

I think the reason for such a delay is most important. Pardon me if I am wrong, but hiroshiy is ordering not in HK, but in Japan, so the situation might be different. As Elon has always insisted superchargers to be ready before the first car is delivered to the customers, so maybe the superchargers are not ready yet in Japan.

I think the reason for such a delay is most important. Pardon me if I am wrong, but hiroshiy is ordering not in HK, but in Japan, so the situation might be different. As Elon has always insisted superchargers to be ready before the first car is delivered to the customers, so maybe the superchargers are not ready yet in Japan.

... or maybe because the ChaDeMo adapter for the Tesla Model S isn't ready yet. Once that delivers, Japanese TMS drivers can charge anywhere and everywhere, albeit not as fast as superchargers, then at least faster than any AC charger. If I had a TMS in Japan, I would have a ChaDeMo adapter for sure - in Hong Kong? Not for 7,800 HKD ...

TM ChaDeMO coming SOON.png

So, @Lerxt, did Tesla tell you why it is being delayed? No explanation?

@lx3h, I'm ordering from Japan and I think nobody here received any kind of "delivery delay" notices yet.
Re superchargers they mentioned we will have "them" (not just one?), so maybe sometime in the future - but as long as CHAdeMO adapter comes with the car (yes, it is bundled to ALL Japanese cars) we're OK.

We typically use toll roads when traveling over 20km (myself I use toll roads for 6km :) so I wish they would put Superchargers on highway rest areas, but I'm no so confident that they will plan to do so- because real estate cost for highway rest area must be expensive!

@Lerxt, hmm, it is embarrassing to change the dates at this late time of the delivery process.

I only went to HK once long time ago but the services at restaurants and hotels were better than those of U.S. :) that's what I felt.

I kind of agree but feel it is sometimes cosmetic. Like in the US sometimes. I visited HK for work for a week in Oct 2010. Stayed at JW Marriott, rode the subway, walked through the local malls, visited the Peak, worked in the stock exchange building. You also see bamboo used for scaffolding.

Was nice and people work very hard and it is a nice city. How the deliveries can slip, I believe, is an issue with Tesla provisioning the logistics of a larger shipment. They can make all the HK cars in one week. They need to fix your issue, Lerxt, or face a slower growth cycle in a very wealthy corner of the world. HK airport is great, high speed trains done well, etc. delivery of cars should not be hard and perhaps consider that it also may be like mainland China where they didn't deliver outside main cities until service centers were set up properly.

If your nickname here on the forum is based on the nickname used by A.L. Then I really am impressed that the band has fans as far away as HK even though they rarely performed in Asia.

@Lerxt, hmm, it is embarrassing to change the dates at this late time of the delivery process.

I only went to HK once long time ago but the services at restaurants and hotels were better than those of U.S. :) that's what I felt.

Seriously, I totally agree what hiroshiy said. I used to live in USA before, a US style can makes you really mad at all even with a simple things. They keep updating you are already better than nothing. One time I need a transcript of my school (in us) and it took me one month to get it after i calling them 6 times that each time more than 10 mins waiting on the phone.

Definitely mate. However, comparing to HK I feel Taiwan and Japan are even better in terms of services i.e. people are more friendly and polite (for real) and do actually try to help you out. Though HK has traditionally been way more efficient...but it's probably slipped nowadays :( I echo what bonaire says, it is sometimes 'cosmetic'. I agree.

Last edited: