Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model S Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just signed the documents, my delivery is confirmed on 1st Aug.... They said the delay was caused by some options that were questioned by the HK customs. I am guessing it is the "Performance Seats" that I didnt order, because they said my car didnt have the same problem.

Probably it is the trade description ordinance, as there was nothing "Performance" about the performance seats. But it is only a guess.

Hahaha

Just spoke with my DS, my car’s expected delivery is the first week of Sep. The car is currently waiting for shipment from Cali. A bit of anti-climax, and hoping this is the D-date set in stone. Would not be hugely surprised if this is moved back slightly (hopefully not!).

Just signed the documents, my delivery is confirmed on 1st Aug.... They said the delay was caused by some options that were questioned by the HK customs. I am guessing it is the "Performance Seats" that I didnt order, because they said my car didnt have the same problem.

Probably it is the trade description ordinance, as there was nothing "Performance" about the performance seats. But it is only a guess.

Maybe some problems for TM HK, receiving so many cars at the same time: Space, manpower, preparation, paperwork - and it's the first time they handle that many cars. Knowing how crammed Hong Kong is, whether living space, parking, supermarket or anywhere but the parks, then I can imagine there would be some logistical challenges.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure abt the Seq number u mentioned. but i hv P85+ Sig fully loaded ordered.

If you like to submit some more details, I'd be happy to put you on the list with those. See post #1 of this thread (press "First" up by the page list)

Just had a bad conversation with Tesla HK. Basically they confirm that they don't deliver base on sequence number, so there is absolutely no point to make early deposit. I also had an English class by learning "In transit from factory" actually means sitting in warehouse.

My car is still in USA waiting to be shipped. This is really fxxked up! :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Just had a bad conversation with Tesla HK. Basically they confirm that they don't deliver base on sequence number, so there is absolutely no point to make early deposit. I also had an English class by learning "In transit from factory" actually means sitting in warehouse.

My car is still in USA waiting to be shipped. This is really fxxked up! :mad::mad::mad:

But I guess if yours is Signature, the wait will not be that long as compared to the rest of us non-Signature buyers.

Lucky mine is with standard seats, my DS told me delivery on 31st, let's see.....

Basically they confirm that they don't deliver base on sequence number, so there is absolutely no point to make early deposit.

Did they say what it is based on, then? Or why they don't follow the reservation order? Given the poor answers given (such as 'no warranty on the car, only on the battery') are you sure it is not just one staff giving bad information?

Given that we know they build in batches, and some options will delay (if parts not available), I have always been told it is roughly in reservation order. Maybe #50 will get it before #49, but certainly not before #100. It would be silly to delay everyone because of problems with 1 car (which is what would happen if it was _strictly_ reservation order, without exception). I simply do not see any possible advantage to Tesla to not follow reservation order as best they can.

I would venture to think that that particular staff whom Alipapa had a bad conversation with regarding delivery order has not been thoroughly briefed by Tesla HK and he miscommunicated. I speculate that what he meant was if a particular car is being held back by TD or for whatever reason, it would not affect Tesla HK to deliver other cars to customers with a higher sequence number, considering how much delays there already have been and how not very satisfied reservation holders already are towards Tesla HK's handling of things.

If that staff really meant what he said, and I hope he did not, then I'm afraid there will be outrage from customers and it will surely cause bad reputation that hurts Tesla's brand in HK.

This is really the worst experience I have ever had on ordering a car. Even a "water good" car importer does a better job then them. Just spent some time writing an email to Linda. I really don't know who to contact beside her. Again, freaking non sense! On the other hand, congratulations to those who get good service from Tesla. Will keep you guys posted

From all the helpful info here on TMC, I knew it was coming. I finally got a reply from TM (JF), that at present I could expect delivery "Middle to End of September", which is about 1 to 1 1/2 month later than the previous estimate they gave me.

I wonder whether he saw my tagline here, which I just updated yesterday?

I have suggested they up their communication efforts, possibly make a newsletter they can email to us. Surely, they must have our emails set up so it's easy for them to distribute newsletters and such?

I'll leave the date for now in the list, for September 15th. By the time the production cars roll in, I hope they will have streamlined the TD and preparation procedures to make it more efficient than now (!)

Last edited:
I don't quite believe that TD has much to check on our cars. It's not like there will be hidden rocket launchers, they are just taking their time. Who wouldn't? If you have a government job, you won't get rewards for working fast, won't be fired for procrastination.

I don't quite believe that TD has much to check on our cars. It's not like there will be hidden rocket launchers, they are just taking their time. Who wouldn't? If you have a government job, you won't get rewards for working fast, won't be fired for procrastination.

For TM it's also quite new all this. We know how hard it is with space in HK, and when so many car arrive at the same time, and so many things need to be done, then - it might be logistics really which is at play here.

Even a well oiled machine only needs a little gravel to come to a halt. I am sure they are doing their best, and for sure, they cannot afford to deliver substandard products. Better wait until all is well, rather than deliver something which isn't ready. Same for the superchargers.

Mine is also a Sig with VIN #39XXX. It also shows "In Transit from Factory...". However when I spoke to a DS last week, he told me that all Sig will be delivered shortly after the first car is delivered. I asked whether it means 1 week or 2 wks, he said he is not sure, but needs to check w/ their logistics guy in US re where my car is and when delivery is expected. So far I have not heard back from him yet, but I am sure they must be busying with other things. It seems there are some glitches in the online status system and they admitted it. So I would not rely solely on the status shown in my online profile. And it does seem to be manually updated. It changes every time right after I called them up to question my status (usually within 24 hrs)...

Strange on My Dashboard page, the name above the VIN on the left side has been changed back to "Model S" instead of my customised "CCT". As for status-wise, of course it's still "sourcing parts". No news on my Wall Connector either, no nothing...