Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model X Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

sohandso

Aug 9, 2015
Hong Kong
#738, seems a long queue now, I believe that with the first Model X shipped/on the street, the reservation will further jump up.

Hopefully, they can learn the experience from S and fix all the issues (e.g. anodizing in door handled, gap/alignment of the doors........etc)

sit back and wait

markwj

Moderator, Asia Pacific
Apr 10, 2011
Hong Kong
#738, seems a long queue now, I believe that with the first Model X shipped/on the street, the reservation will further jump up.

Hopefully, they can learn the experience from S and fix all the issues (e.g. anodizing in door handled, gap/alignment of the doors........etc)

sit back and wait

You are reservation sequence #738 in Hong Kong? Wow, that is a huge jump. Could you provide the following details:

TMC User: Your username on this forum
Group: S (signature) or P (production)
Deposit: Date (YYYY-MM-DD) you paid your deposit
TM Estimate: Any estimate Tesla have provided you for delivery

AppleFan

Mar 1, 2014
Hong Kong

My take (and I think markwj agrees) is that Tesla will deliver a Model X in Q3 (or whatever the latest announced timeframe is) no matter what. It would take something REALLY big and unexpected for Tesla to miss that deadline. I don't think there's much uncertainty around that. We know they have prototypes on the road anyway -- they could just "deliver" one of those!
The real question is how many deliveries they will be able to make by end of 2015. Making a sizeable number of deliveries involves ramping up production, which is made especially difficult as it will be on the same production line as the Model S.

I guess it comes down to WHAT is being delayed. The specs of a real production car, and seeing a Model X or two in the streets around the Bay Area -- I'm pretty sure we will see that in Q3. But for a customer ordering a Model X now -- particularly one in Hong Kong -- I'd take the estimate Tesla gives you and add another 3-6 months.

Captain_Kong

Jul 4, 2014
HK
Nice. Thanks for the data point, and welcome to the queue![/QUOTEJust placed my deposit today, and it’s xxx997. Hope they deliver on their est. delivery date (for once)!

Although I think Elon may have watched too many zombie apocalypse movies, but the Biodefense and pressurized cabin does it for me…

msxsnow

May 21, 2014
HK
Hi guys, have finally make up my mind and put down the deposit today~ can't wait to receive more updates from Tesla HK :smile:

markwj

Moderator, Asia Pacific
Apr 10, 2011
Hong Kong
Hi guys, have finally make up my mind and put down the deposit today~ can't wait to receive more updates from Tesla HK :smile:

Would be great to know:

Group: S (signature) or P (production)
Deposit: Date (YYYY-MM-DD) you paid your deposit
TM Estimate: Any estimate Tesla have provided you for delivery

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC