Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model X Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome aboard. Interesting how both your and eehwc are so close, and both 'promised' early 2016 deliveries. I think mid to late 2016 would be a better estimate, but I guess we'll know more once US deliveries start.

Wow, I'm prescient.

Elon Musk just (25th Jan 2016 owner event) answered my question about RHD Model X and Hong Kong deliveries. He said that production will start in the summer of 2016. So, we did know more once US deliveries started, and mid to late 2016 really is a better estimate. :biggrin:

Of course, we shouldn't count our chickens before they hatch...

I thought US version of Model X has already begun, at least couple of weeks ago. Couple of my friends got theirs and I saw several of them running on the street while I was driving. I live a mile away from Tesla's headquarter and frequent see test Model Xs. But the ones I saw on the street has "legal" California license plates so they were not test vehicles.

I thought US version of Model X has already begun, at least couple of weeks ago. Couple of my friends got theirs and I saw several of them running on the street while I was driving. I live a mile away from Tesla's headquarter and frequent see test Model Xs. But the ones I saw on the street has "legal" California license plates so they were not test vehicles.

Waidy, this is for RHD Model X, for HK delivery, right?

Of course, USA deliveries will be before HK.

I thought US version of Model X has already begun, at least couple of weeks ago.

Yes, LHD US signatures are being delivered now. Production deliveries should start soon.

RHD will always be delayed. For roadster and model S, the RHD delay was 2+ years! According to Elon, RHD delay for Model X will be only 6 months, and that will be a pretty nice present for HK if it happens.

http://www.e-zone.com.hk/channelnews.php?id=13841

Oouch… I felt the pain of this proud MX owner! I’m one of those over-zealous car owners who can’t even tolerate a hair line scratch on my car.

Not sure if anyone has thoroughly tested the falcon wing doors? Even if the doors’ sensors can detect such a massive beam on the ceiling (I hope they do...), I’m still very worried about the complexity of HK’s typical low ceiling parking environment.

Would Tesla provide any kind of assurance or after-sale service (within reasons obviously) to ensure the sensors are working as they should.

For example, what about those innocent looking and ever present fire hydrant sprinklers on the ceiling of almost all car parks? Would the sensors be good enough to detect these? Otherwise it’d be a matter of time for the falcon wing doors to resemble a bad case of measles outbreak. Guess 99.99% accuracy is not quite enough… it just take one ding to make a dent.

I thought Elon said around summer, and most people's interpretation is Sept or earlier, and China is displaying last month, and start to deliver next month or so. I will be a little disappointed if we get it later this year.

Elon said production will start this summer. I take that as meaning by end of summer. Say September. Then, production, QC, get them on a boat, to HK, customs, etc. Since Elon's visit here, we've also seen the Model X production slip in USA. End of the year sounds about right.

The China ones are left hand drive, so easier.

I'm production series reservation #9 - I placed my deposit September 2012 - and I received a 'Configure Model X' link today. I've mentioned a little about HK prices in a post in the 'Showroom Model X in HK' - I'll leave it to the moderator to recommend which thread (if any) is best for that information.

Hello! I placed my order June 2015 and have sequence number 564.

For those who have already configed their X, do you know if it goes into build straight away?

I am told that after you confirm the configuration, you get 7 days. Then, Tesla lock the configuration and start to schedule production. First Model X deliveries in HK are supposed to be end of the year (December).

I am reservation #40 and got my email last Tuesday. Do any one of you know the delivery dates of different models, 60D, 75D, 90D and P90D? Thanks

I keep hearing 'end of the year'. Assuming three months for production, shipping, and preparation, and that they are pushing hard for everyone to confirm and lock in their orders, can we assume later november for the first signatures?

I keep hearing 'end of the year'. Assuming three months for production, shipping, and preparation, and that they are pushing hard for everyone to confirm and lock in their orders, can we assume later november for the first signatures?

I really hope a good bunch of Model X can deliver to HK before the FRT exemption renewal. Just in case ... And since Tesla usually ships a bunch to be delivered just before the end of a quarter, Another large batch should (hopefully) reach HK by the end of March - just in time for 1.4.2017.