Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model X Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
May I ask what is your Vin number? Mine is 27xxx and i got it 2 weeks ago. but i still have not got the build date nor delivery date email yet. however, my sales rep did call me and let me know my car would not be delivered until Feb. 90D, 6 seat.

FWIW, I was just told by a sales from the showroom that they have recently secured a new manufacturing lot for MX in HK and orders placed now can still be delivered before end of March to avoid FRT.
This makes alot of sense. It is improbable that Tesla wouldn't allow Hong Kong buyers to jump the que in order to deliver ahead of the FRT. They want to maximize their sales, and this means accomodating the Hong Kong demand before it evaporates on 1st April. I'm not losing any sleep over the April 1st FRT, that said I am TOTALLY ITCHING to get into my Model X and a yesterday delivery isn't soon enough!

A more interesting question I think, is will Tesla bring in a large inventory of Model X on their own account. It is certainly what I would do in their shoes. Are they allowed to bring them in and register the cars in their own name, or do they need to make the First Registration in the name of a buyer? If FRT is initiated as most seem to expect, then our new Model X's will be quite a rare breed in Hong Kong. I think a natural balance is an equal number of Model X and Model S. Certainly it will appeal to the owners of all those clunky Alphards and Vellfires (who the hell over at Toyota thinks of these names and what is an Alphard anyways???). When deliveries start and peeps see these cool cars, they are going to want one, and I can imagine demand for Model X spiking, but it will be too late for new orders to meet the April 1 deadline. Tesla certainly would want to have some cars on hand to satisfy all this demand at a reasonable price.

Reactions: frangus6
my understanding is that referral code valid for model S only.

Hi Guys, just realize that Tesla has introduced the referral code for Model X purchase in Mid. Oct:

upload_2016-11-24_16-18-6.png

According to Tesla, customers who paid the deposit, waited, and ordered MX in Aug/Sep cannot use the referral. However, orders placed after Mid Oct also gets the MX before Apr 2017 with referral discount.

VIN 30xxx order confirmed Nov 1. My DS said manufacturing scheduled for Jan 2017. Not sure why VIN still says Model Year = G = 2016?

The introduction timing of the referral program for Model X is so weird. It feels like early supporters are being penalized.....

Just for your info, I was told they stopped accepting orders for end march delivery due to time constraint but suddenly i came to know last week some new stock may have been diverted to HK hence they started talking orders again. Placed my order last week with referral discount. They can give u random code or u may use form one of your friend's code.

• Helpful
Reactions: frangus6