Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model X Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news: My DS mentioned that the first batch have arrived HK!
Not a very good news: They expect about two or three weeks to clear the custom and are unable to set a date for delivery yet, though it still has good chance to be delivered before CNY...

My DS also said the RHD foot mat official accessories are not available in HK yet. Probably we need to be tailor-made locally, Any good suggestions?

• Informative
Reactions: frangus6 and mkq786
Good news: My DS mentioned that the first batch have arrived HK!
Not a very good news: They expect about two or three weeks to clear the custom and are unable to set a date for delivery yet, though it still has good chance to be delivered before CNY...

My DS also said the RHD foot mat official accessories are not available in HK yet. Probably we need to be tailor-made locally, Any good suggestions?

do u know ... need to clear the custom every ship or just first round?

do u know ... need to clear the custom every ship or just first round?

The first cars of any new model need to be type approved. That process takes several months.

Subsequent cars of a previously type-approved model only require a few days for customs clearance (although there is other work like TD registration, pre-delivery inspection, etc, that needs to be done).

• Informative
Reactions: mkq786
Anybody know how long it takes for our MX to travel across the Pacific? Are they grouped and then shipped in lots or shipped individually?

Transit time by container from LA to Hong Kong is at least 3 weeks.
Probably need to factor in 1-2weeks for customs clearance on each end as well as accumulation cars to ship in a batch.

There's no way it could be shipped individually due to cost effectiveness.

There's this link below but seem to recall it does not work for cars being shipped to HK. Still worth a try
Track your Tesla while it's on the boat