TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

HK security option (alarm) and various chargers

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by DITB, Feb 13, 2014.

1. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

In other markets, there is a "security option", which has to do with burglary/theft alarm, and I don't see that in HK either. Also, quite a range of chargers are available (I am referencing the Denmark Tesla store), Chademo, blue, red and what not.

I wonder why these options are not in HK?

Winter tires I can understand, despite the present cold, but why not a built in alarm - is that illegal in HK too?

2. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

For the chargers, I think things are simpler here. 220V 13A, the bigger 32A, and J1772. The HK site says it comes with onboard charger, mobile connector, and standard household outlet adaptor. I guess it will also come with the J1772 adaptor.

The roadsters came with an alarm and immobiliser, and I guess the Model S will too. I can't imagine you could sell a car here without it.

I'm making a lot of assumptions... Perhaps best to ask Tesla (I am sure Kenneth is not at all busy ;_) and post answers here?

3. DITB

Mark, I know I am bit anxious, like a child waiting for christmas - and I am curious to know more! Also to make the right decisions, before finalising at the end of the month. I went through the options again a few times, but I keep ending up with the same specs I posted a screen shot of here before - 742,300 HKD

It's all makes sense the way you write it, and I am sure there is a reason behind the options available. Regarding the rear facing seats - if there could only be an option to cater for later installation during the build, so you don't have to strip the car down and rebuild it just to get the seats once the typical local "no cannot" bureaucracy has been overcome.

Alarm or not, as far as I know, every Tesla model S can be tracked - a stolen Tesla model S, would it be worthless after being reported stolen, or could be used off-line? I cannot help to think about iPhones in comparison, i.e. find-my-iPhone, remote lockdown and so on. Surely, Chinese mob gangsters would somehow find a way to hack it eventually ...

4. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

5. DITB

I guess that is what they have turned into optional extras in the Danish Tesla Store. Just like the iTunes store, different markets get different options and prices.