Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HKEV Airport Charger summary

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to pick up my dad last night and took the opportunity to try out the charging station inside Parking Lot #4 (1/F).

There was a Quickcharging station there but I was confused as to what type of adaptor it uses... and looks like it's locked and you need to call management to come and unlock it.... so I went over to the other medium/slow speed chargers.

Turns out all the medium speed (the extra cable that Tesla provided) at 32A were offline...

DSC_1820.JPG
DSC_1821.JPG
DSC_1822.JPG
DSC_1823.JPG
DSC_1824.JPG

I am debating whether its worthwhile, to do Long Term Airport parking when I travel. Typically the cab costs me HK$350 each way from where I live to take myself and the family on vacation. If I do a 6 day vacation, parking at the airport works out fairly similar to taking the cab (including tolls). Question I have is, has anyone tried long term parking and charging at the airport?

I just came back from 3 day parking. You can't park and charge there. Cause the level with teh charger is $144 per day, If you park outdoor it is $300 for 3 days and $90 after. I was able to park near the charger one time cause P2 (outdoor) lot was full and they let me pay the outdoor price and park in door. I didn't try the 13A charge since i had plenty of power and didnt want to steal the spot incase someone needs it. You also have to be careful that it becomes full, so check the online availability website.