TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

hmmmm...

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by AnarchyEOD, Jun 26, 2018.

1. AnarchyEOD

AnarchyEOD Member

Seeing as to how everyone's Dual Motor got pushed to the right 2-5 months.. Looks like they aren't going to even come close to hitting that 5k per week goal. Price drop, and allowing everyone to configure? Sounds like they are trying to keep people from running for the tall timbers to me... I hope I'm wrong, I still want my 3.

2. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

Don't think so. Price drop means the numbers have improved such that they can still achieve target profitability at a lower price point. Q3 will be about shipping a ton of high profit P cars.

• Like x 5
  3. ChrisH

ChrisH Member

Meanwhile those of us who can only afford a $46,000 or less version continue to wait longer and longer.

4. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

I wish...May-Jul for RWD, no invite.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. omgwtfbyobbq

omgwtfbyobbq Active Member

#5 omgwtfbyobbq, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    What are you waiting on?

Edit - What configuration are you waiting for?

• Love x 1
  6. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

Right there with you.

My guess at this point is they're going to let everyone that's already got an invite, and may have been sitting on it for upwards of 6 months, have first crack at getting in queue for the D/P. Then start opening up new First Production invites, again. Gonna give it a week and see how it shakes out, watching to see if anyone reports getting a new invite straight into D/P.

7. setheryb

setheryb Model ☰ Configured, AWD LR, Red, Aero

My invite.

• Like x 2
  8. omgwtfbyobbq

omgwtfbyobbq Active Member

Maybe! Or not? o_O

9. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

Yep, they get free LTE too. Not us 2nd day losers :mad:

10. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

Would not surprise me if first production shows up in 2nd hand market with people trading up.

11. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

For half the price!

12. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

Definitely. When dual motor and autopilot were introduced in October 2014, there was a flood of used pre-AP cars. I wouldn’t be surprised if we start seeing some used 2017 Model 3’s (without EAP) selling for around $35000 in the coming months.

• Like x 1
  13. ChrisH

ChrisH Member

Hmmm good point. I’ve only owned two cars in my life and they were brand new each time. Probably would be hard for me to accept a used one but if it’s in great condition and $35,000-$40,000 that might be hard to pass up.

Do you guys recommend using Tesla’s inventory pages or other means?

14. AnarchyEOD

AnarchyEOD Member

I would imagine that most Tesla’s aren’t used and abused but I could be wrong. Also I was using the USAA car buying app the other day just to mess around and there are three Model 3’s on the second hand market in there.

15. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

Some of the used ones that weren't refurbished looked pretty used. Make sure you don't purchase it sight unseen.

16. AnarchyEOD

AnarchyEOD Member

Oh no. I’m not purchasing one of those. I already configured my AWD 31May. Just letting the guy know above me there are used ones out there.

17. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

People baby their Tesla's.

You are going to get a $35K Model 3 with $20K worth of paint protection film, color correction and clear coating.

I suspect used car channels will be better than Tesla inventory. We won't know for sure until end of this year.

18. ChrisH

ChrisH Member

Haha this community is weird. Why on earth would someone get rid of their 1-2 year old Tesla they spent $55,000 on plus $10,000 for paint protection? Oh wait because they are filthy rich and just upgrade when the new/better model comes out. Geesh some of us are stretching even to afford the 3 let alone multiple versions lol