Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

hmmmm...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeing as to how everyone's Dual Motor got pushed to the right 2-5 months.. Looks like they aren't going to even come close to hitting that 5k per week goal. Price drop, and allowing everyone to configure? Sounds like they are trying to keep people from running for the tall timbers to me... I hope I'm wrong, I still want my 3.

I wish...May-Jul for RWD, no invite.

Right there with you.

My guess at this point is they're going to let everyone that's already got an invite, and may have been sitting on it for upwards of 6 months, have first crack at getting in queue for the D/P. Then start opening up new First Production invites, again. Gonna give it a week and see how it shakes out, watching to see if anyone reports getting a new invite straight into D/P.

Would not surprise me if first production shows up in 2nd hand market with people trading up.

Hmmm good point. I’ve only owned two cars in my life and they were brand new each time. Probably would be hard for me to accept a used one but if it’s in great condition and $35,000-$40,000 that might be hard to pass up.

Do you guys recommend using Tesla’s inventory pages or other means?

Hmmm good point. I’ve only owned two cars in my life and they were brand new each time. Probably would be hard for me to accept a used one but if it’s in great condition and $35,000-$40,000 that might be hard to pass up.

I would imagine that most Tesla’s aren’t used and abused but I could be wrong. Also I was using the USAA car buying app the other day just to mess around and there are three Model 3’s on the second hand market in there.

People baby their Tesla's.

You are going to get a $35K Model 3 with $20K worth of paint protection film, color correction and clear coating.

I suspect used car channels will be better than Tesla inventory. We won't know for sure until end of this year.

People baby their Tesla's.

You are going to get a $35K Model 3 with $20K worth of paint protection film, color correction and clear coating.

I suspect used car channels will be better than Tesla inventory. We won't know for sure until end of this year.

Haha this community is weird. Why on earth would someone get rid of their 1-2 year old Tesla they spent $55,000 on plus $10,000 for paint protection? Oh wait because they are filthy rich and just upgrade when the new/better model comes out. Geesh some of us are stretching even to afford the 3 let alone multiple versions lol