Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hokkaido power plants and CHAdeMO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The good thing is most of the CHAdeMO chargers and L2 chargers are networked I with NCS, and they announced the list of chargers what were actually used and provided power yesterday. So some of those chargers are working.
Japanese utilities very very closely monitor load 24h, so they start new coal/oil power plant and connect the cities to balance the load and frequency. Still the main plant is not up yet, and they may resort to power cities in turn, as Japanese households don't have generators (power outage is very very rare).

The good thing is most of the CHAdeMO chargers and L2 chargers are networked I with NCS, and they announced the list of chargers what were actually used and provided power yesterday. So some of those chargers are working.
Japanese utilities very very closely monitor load 24h, so they start new coal/oil power plant and connect the cities to balance the load and frequency. Still the main plant is not up yet, and they may resort to power cities in turn, as Japanese households don't have generators (power outage is very very rare).
That is the kinds of answer I am looking for. To be more precise, while power is mostly restored by now, I think it was once predicted that the peak load is 3.8GW but only 3.6GW of power was available because the main power plant is not up yet. So there are calls for conservation.

Last edited:
Reactions: hiroshiy