Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hold during Autopilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took out my MS today to test out the new update. When I was stopped at a light (with a car in front) I noticed the hold "Hold" above the speed limit, never noticed that before.

Once the car in front started to move, I had to press the accelerator to reengage AP.

Anyone else noticed this? If so anyone know why?

Hold.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: P100DHG.
This is covered ad nauseam in this forum so I’ll answer before someone yells at you to use the search bar.

That happens when TACC senses something moving between you and the car in front of you when stopped (like a pedestrian). For safety, the car will not engage motion without driver input

Edit: and I’m going to anticipate your response: “nothing moved in front of me”
Doesn’t matter - all that matters is that TACC thought something moved

This is covered ad nauseam in this forum so I’ll answer before someone yells at you to use the search bar.

That happens when TACC senses something moving between you and the car in front of you when stopped (like a pedestrian). For safety, the car will not engage motion without driver input

Edit: and I’m going to anticipate your response: “nothing moved in front of me”
Doesn’t matter - all that matters is that TACC thought something moved
Odd, I did a search on hold and AP and nothing came up, those threads must have been archived. In any event thanks.