TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Holder for tesla charging wand

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by KinjaChris, May 28, 2016.

1. KinjaChris

KinjaChris Member

i found this by accident... The wand for the tesla charger fits perfectly in a wall holder for a big maglight flashlight. The kind that holds the big flashlights that run on D batteries. It's just the right amount of grip to hold it without scratching it.

The narrow wall hook from Home Depot is the exact width to allow the cord to pass through the middle and add just a bit of friction to hold the coiled cord back against the wall out of the way. It also holds the weight of the box on the cable up to not put any pressure on the outlet plug.

This setup allows for it to be nice and tidy but could be removed for transport without untying anything instantly.

Cool. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like x 1
  2. brec

brec Member

3. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

4. ALLMYNE

ALLMYNE Member

I'm still surprised a company hasn't developed a retractable holder, would seem easier and neater then dragging cord on ground and constantly hanging up
    I've seen a couple DIY mods on other threads
    Is it bad to have the cord tightly wound in a retractable unit?

5. idoco

idoco Member

In theory a coiled cord is more prone to overheating.