Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

holder or hook for suit jacket or dry-cleaning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem is that these clips just clip onto the plastic, and though the plastic is pretty strong, I had the whole plastic covering come falling down when I hit a dip in the road with about 8 lbs of stuff hanging from the clip. It would be nice if Tesla made a redesign or better place to hang things!!

The problem is that these clips just clip onto the plastic, and though the plastic is pretty strong, I had the whole plastic covering come falling down when I hit a dip in the road with about 8 lbs of stuff hanging from the clip. It would be nice if Tesla made a redesign or better place to hang things!!

How have you been dealing with your suits after that happened? I have my suit in my car almost every single day, so I need to find a solution once I get the Tesla next week.

Yes, I just got my MS and was wondering the same thing...

You would think with all that acceleration they would have those "oh *^%&$" bars installed!

thanks for the post...just looked on there and saw this:

HookUp been designed to work only with Model S vehicles that have the panoramic roof. Tesla modified the design of the panoramic roof for vehicles delivered after May, 2015, and now has installed an integrated light foam damper around the edge of the headliner opening for the panoramic roof. The foam damper is not easily visible, but can be identified by running your fingers along the headliner opening for the pano roof. If you feel soft foam, the damper has been installed in your vehicle.

If your Model S has the foam damper, the coat hooks will not fit properly unless you modify the foam in the area where you want to place your hook. There are two alternative approaches to these minor modifications:

1. Separate about 1 inch of the foam (it is adhered to the headliner with a light adhesive) from the headliner only in the area in which you want to place your coat hooks; slide the coat hook under the foam and onto the headliner, or
  2. Cut a small slit in the foam where you want to place your coat hook and then slide the coat hanger into the slit.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
I've used the EVAnnex coat hooks over many miles and they've held up fine. The secret seems to be to position the 2 coat hooks adjacent each other in the corner (mine are behind the driver's seat in that rear corner) and to split the load.

~10 collared shirts, a suit jacket, a pea coat style jacket, and a pair of khakis are what the hooks have held simultaneously. I haven't weighed all of that, but I'd guess 8 pounds altogether - maybe 10 pounds but no more than that.

No discernible impact to the headliner parts and pieces into which the hooks fit.

Reactions: mark.lawler
I personally have gone with EVHooks from British Columbia. Coated aluminum in black or silver to coordinate with your headliner (the black disappears against my black Alcantara and I don't see them unless I look closely); the clip-onto-the-headliner portion is much wider than the plastic varieties, hence give me better confidence up to 6-lb carrying weight is better distributed than the thinner plastic versions; These are designed to work only with a pano and do not require removal of foam insulation on newer MS like some others do.

Given our MS don't come with coat hooks as they should, I'm happy with the purchase. Only two disadvantages from my POV is they are higher priced compared to other plastic varieties, and they will at times pop off the headliner as you reach around and take your jacket or cleaning off the hook, requiring you to just put the hook back into place -- not a super inconvenience as it takes just a few seconds. I'd buy another pair again if had to replace my MS today.

MX Version is coming soon according to the website.

I've used the EVAnnex coat hooks over many miles and they've held up fine. The secret seems to be to position the 2 coat hooks adjacent each other in the corner (mine are behind the driver's seat in that rear corner) and to split the load.

~10 collared shirts, a suit jacket, a pea coat style jacket, and a pair of khakis are what the hooks have held simultaneously. I haven't weighed all of that, but I'd guess 8 pounds altogether - maybe 10 pounds but no more than that.

No discernible impact to the headliner parts and pieces into which the hooks fit.

Can you upload a pic?