Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holding reservation and then changing mind?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Max*

Charging
Apr 8, 2015
NoVa
I got my email to reserve the Model 3 with the LR battery. My wife wants to wait for the standard battery in "Early 2018". If I hit the "Hold My Place" button, can we change our mind let's say a month from now, can I place my order then?

Who can I call and ask to get a definitive answer? Seems the service center doesn't always know what's going on.

I got my email to reserve the Model 3 with the LR battery. My wife wants to wait for the standard battery in "Early 2018". If I hit the "Hold My Place" button, can we change our mind let's say a month from now, can I place my order then?

Who can I call and ask to get a definitive answer? Seems the service center doesn't always know what's going on.
I talked to customer service a couple of days ago with this same question. It takes them about a week to return calls because they are swamped right now.

ANSWER: If you hit "hold my place" because you want SR (or any other option - AWD, white interior, etc), you can change your mind at any time and not lose your place in the queue for the LR and the options available at that time.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: dss33, GSP and Max*