Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holding things down in the X trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have the third row of seats, and use the top/back of the trunk for items I just like to have with me when traveling. Trouble was, the items won't stay there, especially when I take advantage of the wonderful torque while driving. Everything falls into the lower part of the trunk.
So, I just wanted to share a solution I came up with.
I cut one large board, and two side boards. I used two plastic angle pieces. My wife purchased black felt and sewed covers for the three boards.

I slide the two, three inch angled plastic behind the plastic sides of the trunk, where it meets the carpet.
Cut the two side boards and angled the one side to wedge against the board going across the width of the trunk.
Attached some pics, I know it may be hard to picture, but if anyone wanted to try it, let me know and I'll be more descriptive.

Attachments

• 2021-11-01 13.18.06.jpg
    2021-11-01 13.18.06.jpg
    650.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 2021-11-01 13.18.13.jpg
    2021-11-01 13.18.13.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 2021-11-01 13.19.05.jpg
    2021-11-01 13.19.05.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 60
Good improvisation. Since I am not that handy with things and ( no help from my wife😂,) I have multiple bags ( these are large, rectangular sturdy polypropylene bags which i purchased from Costco and I keep them in the well trunk.Each bag contains specific type of items ( Tyre repair kit , jack pucks and other tools and another for Car charging connectors, cable etc). Since it is hidden its under the board , it does not bother me. It is not elegant but works for me, as I know which bag to look into when i need something.