Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday dance broken?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the latest .46 update earlier this week. I drive to Omaha for a family thanksgiving, it got dark, went to go show the dance that’s worked flawlessly everytime before and... Windows roll down, music starts and... that’s it, nothing else, no lights, doors, or mirrors just music. Anyone else try it on .46 is it broken or is it my car, or????

Reactions: Sandiegodoug
I just tried it also, same symptoms (stops after first few bars of music). After trying about 5 times it worked and went through the whole show. The time it worked, I walked to the front of the car, whereas before I was to the side. Some try a few more times! I am still on 42.

I just tried it also, same symptoms (stops after first few bars of music). After trying about 5 times it worked and went through the whole show. The time it worked, I walked to the front of the car, whereas before I was to the side. Some try a few more times! I am still on 42.
Yeah it worked just fine on .42 but this time the music keeps playing as if nothing’s wrong, but it obviously is as it’s just music (ok I gave up 45s or so)...

Just got the latest .46 update earlier this week. I drive to Omaha for a family thanksgiving, it got dark, went to go show the dance that’s worked flawlessly everytime before and... Windows roll down, music starts and... that’s it, nothing else, no lights, doors, or mirrors just music. Anyone else try it on .46 is it broken or is it my car, or????
Have this on an earlier software too.

I haven't tried the holiday 'dance' since the update, but I am curious: are you all having issues with your slacker radio as well? I've been told it's a firmware thing. My music will just freeze up randomly and sometimes the whole screen will go dark and then reboot. I know they'll fix it, and to me it's only mildly annoying when it happens. I'm still in a Tesla, so it's all relative. :)

Good to hear the release didn’t break it! Must have been something specific about how/where it was parked. My crazy theory that I’ll stick with for now is it’s becoming more intelligent and really doesn’t like Nebraska. To those who are hesitant to run the dance, I did run into the rear view mirror issue, but .42 definitely fixed it, I’ve run it multiple times and not had the problems.

I tried it on set of a movie shoot and it failed to proceed after it rolled windows down. I tried it 3 times so it was a little embarrasing. I tried it again at another location and same thing. Rebooted centre console and then it started working. I am on 17.46.8.