Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Easter Egg not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I checked other forums and I am pretty sure its broken after a version software update. I am at 2019.4.3 on MX. Tried everything, having the cat leveled, lots of space around it, reboot, etc

Who has it working on his model X ? Which software version?

I checked other forums and I am pretty sure its broken after a version software update. I am at 2019.4.3 on MX. Tried everything, having the cat leveled, lots of space around it, reboot, etc

Who has it working on his model X ? Which software version?

Mine works, but I'm not sure that helps you, because I haven't had an update this year on my AP1 car - still have 2018.50.6

I'm currently on 2019.8.3 da116a6. I've run the show once on this version and didn't have any issues with it. There were a couple 2018 versions where I was simply unable to get it to do more than roll the windows down and sit there.
There's one subtle detail I didn't notice until lots of trial and error, and perhaps you're running into the same: when you exit the car, do not use the key fob to close the driver door, otherwise the show will only go as far as rolling down the windows and stop; rather, press the outside driver door handle to close the door, then all works as expected.

I sometimes forget to close the door manually and accidentally use the keyfob.
Yes the keyfob activates the lightshow, but the doors must be closed first.

Doing so will roll down windows and give you the first 3 bass beats.

Also aside from the car needing about 4 feet of room, it also needs a level surface, some driveways void it.

And on a very rare occasions shadows will wig it out.