Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update (2021.44.25.2)- A Big Disappointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does what better? Changes a cars control centre without consultation thereby expecting their customer base to relearn the car? Yup you’re right no other car manufacturers do that so Tesla are clear winners🤣.
Other manufacturers develop & release a product which stays the way it was released.
With Tesla In five years my car’s UI will be the latest and greatest, not left behind with outdated five year old UI.

Reactions: Tezlowski
With Tesla In five years my car’s UI will be the latest and greatest, not left behind with outdated five year old UI.
Not a good advert for a car really. It’s not a smartphone or a toy. It’s a tool to get you from A to B as safely as possible, not an experiment. That’s what prototypes are for, to iron out any glitches prior to consumers getting near them.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Not a good advert for a car really. It’s not a smartphone or a toy. It’s a tool to get you from A to B as safely as possible, not an experiment. That’s what prototypes are for, to iron out any glitches prior to consumers getting near them.
FYI we are in V11. How many versions came before? Lol. Should not be news that Teslas UI are constantly changing. Did you not know this before your purchase?

Reactions: Tezlowski
Some things I notice with the Christmas update. I don't check the tire pressure as often. I used to check every couple of days because it was so convenient.
I no longer try to stay at or below that 250 KwH because then I lose the navigation screen.
I leave the seat heater on even though it might not be necessary.
Just little things but in version 10 it was a more pleasant experience.
I think about things said about the iPhone or Windows computers and I can say from experience that if I installed an update and didn't like it, I could back out to the previous version easily.

FYI we are in V11. How many versions came before? Lol. Should not be news that Teslas UI are constantly changing. Did you not know this before your purchase?
No I didn’t if I’m honest. It’s a car first and foremost, nothing more nothing less. A tool for work, to get A to B with family, friends etc etc in safety. Software changes do not have to alter the actual interface used to operate them.
You may be happy playing at driving with those closest to you. I’d prefer to play at driving on an Xbox or Playstation. My family safety comes way way above Elons wishes.
If you have difficulty understanding that then thankfully we don’t drive on the same roads. Enjoy playing with a toy, I’ll concentrate on driving a car.

Reactions: sleepydoc
...The FSD and data I provided was from the UK governments laws on driving with FSD. There is also footage of a Tesla driving using it’s camera system against a car with traditional Lidar forward detection. The traditional Lidar car stopped …..the Tesla smashed into the small child / dummy that was placed in it’s path in bad visibility. This is very recent, not old at all, calling into question the dependence of Tesla systems on camera’s over Lidar...
Yeah, and Waymo's lidar didn't stop their cars from hitting two live pedestrians, so far in their live test in San Francisco. The update to photon count is underway in new revisions. I Trust Tesla's science and AI development more than the others. Again, I suggest keeping up with the beta developments with the cars driving in the real world, and not a pre-mapped neighborhood (easy to do on YouTube). There has been only one fender bender in the millions of miles accumulated so far in Tesla's beta test.

You may have gotten to the heart of why some people are so upset. As of this moment maybe no one does it better.
[@Alan_f this isn't response to your position it's about the broader idea that you're responding to]
If you define "it" as the Tesla UI then of course no one else can compete. If you define "it" as a vehicle control system then there are many better instances. E.g. my Subaru has vision only cruise control without false braking, RADAR blind-spot and cross-traffic detection, a touch screen, a functional auto high-beam control and a nice selection of physical controls that I can operate without looking. I considered the trade-offs and still purchased a Model Y even though I thought single-screen V10 was operator hostile. V11 is just marginally worse -- I still like the Tesla but it's a car, not a article of faith.

So in conclusion to this thread, it’s comforting to know that the consensus here is clearly v11 > v10 by a long shot when common sense and understanding is taken into account. Ease of access and automation to make using the interface far superior to its predecessor and continuous improvements to FSD are all moves in the right direction. Growing pains are expected as we’re seeing, but Tesla still has the safest cars on the market BY FAR as the stats speak for themselves. Everyone is coming around slowly but surely as they learn the better way of doing things and let go of the archaic ways of the past version. Great thing for those trying to nitpick at the UI, v11 will continue to improve, v12 will be here one day, and hey, there are plenty of other subpar cars on the market to complain about when all else fails. So mega kudos to the Tesla UI engineers for taking a bold step in the right direction knowing there would be some pushback from people set in their ways. Out with the old and in with the new. Take the red pill, accept it, and move on. More change is coming…so buckle up in the safest car on the market and enjoy the ride!

Last edited:
[@Alan_f this isn't response to your position it's about the broader idea that you're responding to]
If you define "it" as the Tesla UI then of course no one else can compete. If you define "it" as a vehicle control system then there are many better instances. E.g. my Subaru has vision only cruise control without false braking, RADAR blind-spot and cross-traffic detection, a touch screen, a functional auto high-beam control and a nice selection of physical controls that I can operate without looking. I considered the trade-offs and still purchased a Model Y even though I thought single-screen V10 was operator hostile. V11 is just marginally worse -- I still like the Tesla but it's a car, not a article of faith.
Here you go eat your heart out, camera’s vs Lidar

Apologies thats @patmurphy

S3XY1138, your a member here since April 2016. Not much time with Tesla in my opinion. Version 8 was one of the best until the Model 3 came around. Improving on autopilot is ok but isn't going to be really good for many years. These members complaints are more than valid, your just to knew to know better. Tesla has done these changes many times and never seam to get it right. Their techs need to try their suggestions in the real world behind the wheel and not on their computer screen.​

Everyone is coming around slowly but surely as they learn the better way of doing things and let go of the archaic ways of the past version.
This is a ridiculous post. I'm more than happy to relearn everything in a new UI, if the long term effort is lower, or at least equal, for all interactions. In this case, long term effort has been sacrificed for the benefit of up front effort. It's been posted before, but this analysis exactly captures my frustration with v11.

(still glad to be on v10, no, you can't buy my Y).

So in conclusion to this thread, it’s comforting to know that the consensus here is clearly v11 > v10 by a long shot when common sense and understanding is taken into account. Ease of access and automation to make using the interface far superior to its predecessor and continuous improvements to FSD are all moves in the right direction. Growing pains are expected as we’re seeing, but Tesla still has the safest cars on the market BY FAR as the stats speak for themselves. Everyone is coming around slowly but surely as they learn the better way of doing things and let go of the archaic ways of the past version. Great thing for those trying to nitpick at the UI, v11 will continue to improve, v12 will be here one day, and hey, there are plenty of other subpar cars on the market to complain about when all else fails. So mega kudos to the Tesla UI engineers for taking a bold step in the right direction knowing there would be some pushback from people set in their ways. Out with the old and in with the new. Take the red pill, accept it, and move on. More change is coming…so buckle up in the safest car on the market and enjoy the ride!
Safest on which market?
A397486F-3EFC-4B71-A732-46270604CC6B.png

S3XY1138, your a member here since April 2016. Not much time with Tesla in my opinion. Version 8 was one of the best until the Model 3 came around. Improving on autopilot is ok but isn't going to be really good for many years. These members complaints are more than valid, your just to knew to know better. Tesla has done these changes many times and never seam to get it right. Their techs need to try their suggestions in the real world behind the wheel and not on their computer screen.​

I’ve been a member here since 2016?
That’s 5-6 years according to you
Are you also having a hard time locating the seat heaters with v11?