Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update (2021.44.25.2)- A Big Disappointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love how you trying to bend the reality of you not liking the update as majority doesn’t like it too. Niiiice

Driving our Tesla like nothing happened. Everything works just as good as before. But again I set AC to Auto and don’t play with my screen while driving. When commuting I don’t care about what my efficiency is and when I am on road trip I use trip meter and it works great. I can see how for some people it is a problem but that is why we have competition. If you don’t like Tesla way you can always get VW or Ford or any other EV offering with all the buttons galore. Enjoy the life it is too short to be pissed about such a little thing as Slight UI change in the car.
no, I wasn't saying only 3 people like V11, I was saying that there's probably about 3 people who never have to use their screen while driving. The screen is designed as the primary control for all functions beyond the most basic of driving functions. If you can drive without using it then more power to you but that doesn't apply to the vast majority of drivers. Are you trying to argue that it does?

I like how you try to imply that the overwhelming majority of people actually like and are happy with V11 without any evidence (and despite evidence to the contrary.)

Quick fact check here... Way more than 3 others, v11 Nation is growing by the day and will be even bigger once the next update drops.
See above. The number of people using V11 is completely unrelated to the number of people who like V11. Since updates are pushed automatically and required by Tesla the installed base will approach 100% regardless of how good or bad it is. Assuming adoption rate to be an indication of satisfaction is rather like saying "100% of North Koreans voted for Kim Jong Un so he's obviously popular!"

It's freakin awesome to live in Elon's world, give it a shot, you'll be much happier with everything your car has to offer!

How is this still going on? LOL, I guess we just keep going back and forth arguing the same thing until the next version drops?
Keeping drinking that kool-aid - I live in the real world!

Quick fact check here... Way more than 3 others, v11 Nation is growing by the day and will be even bigger once the next update drops.

It's freakin awesome to live in Elon's world, give it a shot, you'll be much happier with everything your car has to offer!

How is this still going on? LOL, I guess we just keep going back and forth arguing the same thing until the next version drops?
There will always be haters…. This is a good thing though. I personally think v11 is a giant mess. My wife was like “where is my seat heater”. I was like.. “relax, the bottom will be back in a few weeks..” I could care less about the light show or playing Sonic.

But.

My MY is still the best car I’ve ever owned (I prefer my MY over my RS5 or my wife’s E92 M3). That says a lot..

Software will get fixed/better. Life will go on.

There will always be haters…. This is a good thing though. I personally think v11 is a giant mess. My wife was like “where is my seat heater”. I was like.. “relax, the bottom will be back in a few weeks..” I could care less about the light show or playing Sonic.

But.

My MY is still the best car I’ve ever owned (I prefer my MY over my RS5 or my wife’s E92 M3). That says a lot..

Software will get fixed/better. Life will go on.
6 weeks in I'm still waiting.

Haven't played sonic. Haven't used the light show.

I tried turning on the headlights using voice controls. Yeah, that bombed. constantly fumbling with the damned seat heater controls...

Reactions: Jimt29
It’s been over a month since V11. Are you still having difficulty with the seat heaters and wipers? Has is gotten any easier for you?
For me wipers are still a problem. I had left them on auto and while they didn't always come on right away or at the correct speed it was not good but ok. However they also came on a number of times when they was no rain and the windshield was dry. Since I didn't want to get my windshield scratched I put them on manual. The problem with manual is getting then on. I can push the button on the stalk to get a swipe and the little selection box pops up however the selection boxes are small and by the time I zero in on what I want the selection menu goes away. So certainly not handy for me. Now I admit I'm older and without glasses it takes me longer than a 20-30 year old. Using voice commands will work but if others are in the car talking I need to tell them to stop talking so the system understands the request. For me the solution is for Tesla to improve the auto function so it works correctly. Seat heaters is something that I can deal with as it is something that instantly turned on or adjusted. Is it as handy as it was no but I can work with it.

Another little pain in the #*@. Not sure if this is directly related to this update but when an update was available, I would get a notification on my iPhone which made it easy to update prior to using the car.

Now it’s “Surprise” you have an update when you get in the car. Nothing on the phone. Just a tad annoying.
Is there anything you don’t complain about? “pain in the #*@“ because you got notified of an update? My god!

Is there anything you don’t complain about? “pain in the #*@“ because you got notified of an update? My god!
To be fair, I kinda liked the notification on my phone as well that an update was available (didn’t happen with this past update), so I could install it right away instead of say, install it and wait 25 minutes when I opened the app to pre-heat the car only to see an update was available. And I actually like v11 so not a complainer here.