Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update (2021.44.25.2)- A Big Disappointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a general rule, I never install an update unless I have the time to deal with any problems it may cause. If I’m planning a road trip the next day I absolutely won’t install an update.

It’s ironic - when people complained how difficult V11 is to use, one of the common retorts of the fanboys was that people should take the time to learn the UI before they drive. Now we have no idea what things will look like when we go out to the car. That’s even more dangerous, IMO

As a general rule, I never install an update unless I have the time to deal with any problems it may cause. If I’m planning a road trip the next day I absolutely won’t install an update.

It’s ironic - when people complained how difficult V11 is to use, one of the common retorts of the fanboys was that people should take the time to learn the UI before they drive. Now we have no idea what things will look like when we go out to the car. That’s even more dangerous, IMO
How. How is it that The Tesla Company doesn’t see what is happening to its software interface? Any other car it isn’t as important because controls are physical not a software program. Safety has taken a back seat to frivolous apps and games. PLEASE make it safer with less distractions😞

Every industry that has touched my life that had technology as its driving force had one thing in the forefront of its design philosophy; make it better, easier, cheaper or whatever. Computers went from DOS based to Windows because a graphical user interface was better and easier for the user. Automobiles made a giant leap forward when the automatic transmission was introduced and so on.
The software in the Model 3/Y is a major part of the car and changes that dilute its practicality is a dangerous thing to do. Version 10 while not perfect is light years ahead of version 11. I found an owners pole on theSoftware: Firmware Updates, Features, Tesla App forum
which I am sharing here.

Attachments

• tesla v11.png
    tesla v11.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 87
The Tesla voice commands have always been the easiest way to access many of the Tesla vehicle functions. Learn a dozen or so of the voice commands and this will enhance the user experience as you interact with the Tesla vehicle.

Lock/Unlock Doors
Open Glove Box
Mirrors - Fold/Unfold Mirrors
Sentry Mode - Keep Tesla Safe / Keep Summer Safe (for Rick & Morty fans)
Charging - Open Charge Port (also Open Butt Hole)
Wipers - Wipers On/Off/Low/Medium/Hi/1/2/3/4/Auto; Faster/Slower/Max/Min
Tire Pressure
Climate Control - Open/Close Climate Controls
Climate Control - Recirculate (cabin air) / Fresh Air
Climate Control - I'm Cold/I'm Hot
Climate Control - Turn Off/On H VAC
Climate Control - Split/Sync/Unsync Climate Control
Climate Control - Keep Climate On / (Dog Mode?)
Climate Control - Increase/Decrease Temperature X Degrees
Climate Control - My Feet are Cold / Hot
Climate Control - Set Fan to X/Auto
Music - Play Artist/Album/Song/Radio Station
Navigation - Navigate to Work/Home/McDonald's/Airport; Go Home

V10.2 Tesla Voice Commands
"Tire Pressure" does not work in my 2018 Model 3. I do find the tire pressure card in Service. I can open the glove box, and other voice commands are available, but Tire Pressure gets a non-command error.

• Informative
Reactions: jcanoe
"Tire Pressure" does not work in my 2018 Model 3. I do find the tire pressure card in Service. I can open the glove box, and other voice commands are available, but Tire Pressure gets a non-command error.
The old voice command "Tire Pressure" or "Display Tire Pressure" no longer works. You can use the voice command "Service Settings" instead.

Reactions: SalisburySam