Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update (2021.44.25.2)- A Big Disappointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The sound quality is better now and I love that I can adjust the sub.
The font is crisper as the previous font looked blurry
I miss the monochrome icons but I’ll get used to the color icons
I don’t like the way they changed the view of the audio apps where playlists are now on top, further from the driver
I like the split HVAC control as that makes it less confusing for the wife
The menus are easier to understand for the most part. The HVAC menu is more intuitive. The defrost functions are automatic so no need for button there. Love auto seat heaters. Good implementation.

Not perfect but I’m sure it’ll get refined some but nothing drastically. I’d say it’s not really an improvement (or not) but is a very nice GUI overall.

Yeah this is a frustrating update.

I get trying to make the screen look cleaner but the quick click sentry mode, tire pressure indicator, energy usage/trip card, and seat heaters were really useful in one click. Now they take 2-3 clicks. It feels like the last two updates with changes to the UI have made things less user friendly….
You can make energy a button. Sadly most other items cannot be added as shortcuts (yet?).
Crap I didn't even check on the heated seat function on the screen. Where is it hidden now?
So many ways:
  • Tap a temp change arrow.
  • Tap the temp setting.
  • Just swipe up.
It looks like the previous function of swipe up is gone.

I suspect the goal is to make auto seat heat work which eliminates the need to change it by hand. Note that tapping a temp change arrow brings up the temp shortcuts which includes defrost/defog and the wheel.
Anyone know where the easy entry is?
Most of the across-the-top items are in Controls and appear in multiple tabs/sub-menus..

See a summary of the V11 UI. via not a tesla app

To me the worst part of the whole UI is wasting so much space on the left side with the image of the car driving. To me that is worthless and takes up way too much real estate. It seems Tesla devotes space to it for FSD, which (in my opinion) is a dream that will never come true. They can't even get regular autopilot right!
Yeah, they could make better use of that space. Even something simple like putting the blind-spot camera image at the top instead of the bottom would make for a better UX.

I think they want a single UI across the models which is sad because the cheap cars don't get an instrument cluster so it's not a winning strategy for 3/Y owners.

Reactions: SalisburySam
You can make energy a button. Sadly most other items cannot be added as shortcuts (yet?).

So many ways:
  • Tap a temp change arrow.
  • Tap the temp setting.
  • Just swipe up.
It looks like the previous function of swipe up is gone.

I suspect the goal is to make auto seat heat work which eliminates the need to change it by hand. Note that tapping a temp change arrow brings up the temp shortcuts which includes defrost/defog and the wheel.

Most of the across-the-top items are in Controls and appear in multiple tabs/sub-menus..

See a summary of the V11 UI. via not a tesla app
Making energy a shortcut still means 95% lost functionality imho. I look at trip data and consumtion continously. Now looking at it takes over whole right side which makes it useless. Please give us back the cards (or something better) but hiding away interesting data behind clunky "full screen" dialogs really makes me think our car just got significantly worse.

Also, making wipers less accessible, thats just dangerous (and annoying) especially since the automatic one is so bad.

It appears I've lost the controls I easily used which are now hidden in sub-menus and lost the cards that displayed below the car graphic completely.

Realizing change is sometimes difficult it is especially so when the change seems to be a step backward.

The light show and all the games are kind of silly and have no value but if I don't want, I don't have to use them.

Having the cards with the odometer and trip info, tire pressure info right below the car graphic was a nice touch.

I see reference to "Simplified Controls" along with a graphic depicting same. I can't locate it so how simple is it.

Now I have to go to Controls>Trips
Controls>Service for tire pressure
Controls>Charging

And so on.

Going from one button to 2 buttons to accomplish the same thing seems to be an odd solution for a moving vehicle And where the heck is Simplified Controls?

All the time and money wasted on silly games and a light show and then to make the interface worse (my opinion) is just awful.

Would be nice if I could uninstall this Christmas Update and take a step backward.

So much for that. Happy Holidays everybody!

39DED020-65FF-4A6D-A7BF-37CA6D03B893.jpeg

Im very happy to see some color added. Personally, Im mostly satisfied with the changes.

I think there needs to be more customization and more of the shortcuts.
I'd like shortcuts for the tire pressure and wipers right in the tray. Things I use far more than arcade or browser apps.

The one big screw up I see is the sort of separation of the FM from streaming. This is just stupid. Especially when you have favorites of both.

Dark mode is my favorite - although it still needs some polishing especially with the driving animations being more visible.

Agreed. Thought there are some very nice new features, like the blind camera when you signal, and dark mode, and various others.

It's honestly overall worse.

They totally rolled back on some core and super useful features.

Major regressions that really piss me off:

1. The trip display can no longer be see along side the navigation, it used to occupy a small corner on the lower left, i could constatly monitor energy usage in trips. Now I have to pop up the damn control menu that blocks the navigation, which i constantly use simultaneously, and i can't anymore. also i gotta go through extra clicks

2. I can't find how strong my cell signal is and what network it's on ANYWHERE, they straight up removed it

3. I cant see the wifi status in the upper right (and also quick click it), i have to open the damn menu now

4. I cant see the bluetooth status in the upper right

5. the buttons to turn on the front and rear windshield defrosters are gone, and i can't add them as an "app" to the menu