Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update (2021.44.25.2)- A Big Disappointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All in all, it's a great update, just need to unlock having everything customizable to be more like the older layout. To be able to click and drag any icon you want on the top or bottom parts of the screen. I mean , why not even bring back the cards but also be able to customize that as well. I'm sure everyone would love that and we will no longer hear any complains.

The auto wipers work amazing now in my car with new update.

Also, the music volume seems to match speed of car whereas before, this was not the case. I’m very happy about these two improvements.

So far, I’m loving the update. My wife doesn’t benefit from the smaller text but overall, it’s clean, moving towards automation in the basic controls (see: defrost, auto heated seats, etc).

Also, the music volume seems to match speed of car whereas before, this was not the case. I’m very happy about these two improvements.

So far, I’m loving the update. My wife doesn’t benefit from the smaller text but overall, it’s clean, moving towards automation in the basic controls (see: defrost, auto heated seats, etc).
How did they rework the auto wipers? Before the update they were too sensitive and too fast. I havent had a chance to use them since the update

The old UI was better but this isn't as terrible as it initially seemed.
So, I just tried it out today.......and I don't thinks it's as bad as some posters had led me to believe.

Is this the highest expectation a Tesla owner should have, of the most relevant software update of the year, by the highest-valued car company in the history of the world, from a company that has revolutionized computer integration in an automobile, revolutionized OTA owner updates? "Not as terrible, not as bad as initially seemed"?

Is this the highest expectation a Tesla owner should have, of the most relevant software update of the year, by the highest-valued car company in the history of the world, from a company that has revolutionized computer integration in an automobile, revolutionized OTA owner updates? "Not as terrible, not as bad as initially seemed"?
Probably not, but go look at Ford/BMW/Mercedes if you want to see real horrors :)

Agreed And we’ll stated. The associated cost of time, expense and direction they’re going is bad for safety and caters more to the developers egos than making the cars safer and better. Where do farts or a light show have any value? Once and done?

Not as FAT as people would lead you to believe

fat-star-wars-jabba-the-hutt-2-color.jpg

After spending a few days with release 2021.44.25.2 there are things I hope Tesla will do to improve the UI in future releases.

There need to be additional widgets provided for functions including a widget to save the current Dashcam video buffer with confirmation (whether Dashcam is set to Manual or Auto), Sentry mode On/Off, charging, wipers, headlights (just headlights please) On/Off, defogger, defroster and driver and front passenger seat heaters. Need to be able to pin more than four widgets to the bottom of the screen. (Need more than one row reserved for pinned widgets.) Need to be able to pin one of the Trips odometer and usage readouts to the left side of the screen. Need to be able to pin the tire pressure readout to the left side of the screen. Need a cancel button to take you back to the previous screen (having to tap the vehicle icon is not intuitive.)

I like that the font size of the Autopilot speed when adjusting the TACC (Autopilot) grows larger when increasing or decreasing the set speed. (Why not have the font of the speedometer readout grow larger when accelerating by more than just the normal speed variation that occurs while driving.)

I like the Auto setting for the seat heaters.

I think the blind spot viewer is an important safety feature, wonder why this took so long. (Something needs to be done to prevent the turn signal light from washing out the top portion of the side repeater camera view when changing lanes at night.) The position of the blind spot display needs to be higher up on the screen (where it is currently positioned the steering wheel and my right hand block part of the display.)

How did they rework the auto wipers? Before the update they were too sensitive and too fast. I havent had a chance to use them since the update
They are consistent, do not ramp up quickly, really only wipe when it’s becoming unclear, and doesn’t run at speed when at a stop where before it would run speed 2-3 while at a stoplight and hardly raining.

Much improved to the point I’ll always leave it in auto. Before I would stick to manual as auto absolutely did not work.

Loving to automation. Auto seat heaters, auto defrost, auto wipers, auto pilot. It’s a great product.

Reactions: Vin_L
I encourage EVERYONE that is NOT HAPPY with this update to contact Tesla and let them know.
1-888-518-3752

Thank you very much, I called. Long story short, the support guy admitted, it is about distracting from driving. 3 buttons instead of one on many functions.
And he was the second one after Tesla support, refusing to roll back version, officially.

Toll-Free: 888-327-4236

I would also call NHTSA and asked them, what do they think about car control while/(instead of?) driving. And where they put speedometer, which menu level. At least. American fellows, you can do that.

We were on Oahu when I got the update to 2021.44.25.2 and hit install. It was only after reading the multiple UI threads that I wondered whether I had impulsively made a mistake.

Today was the first day driving the Y and the changes aren't as bad as I read about. It is a cleaner interface and the app drawer is more reminiscent of what we'd see on our smartphones. I miss the cards for Wh/m and tire pressure but I can still find the info in its new locations. Some say it's now a two-button press to get to Wh/m or tire pressure but really it took two swipes as well before to alternate between Wh/m and PSI.

I like the auto blind spot camera view when using the turn signals. My biggest gripe is still just a small matter of not being able to activate heat seaters without turning on the whole climate system. Odd that the steering wheel heater can operate automatically independent of the climate system, but the auto seat heaters require the climate system to be on in order to work.

Last edited:
Seems to me ANY function with a BUTTON should be able to be dragged into the DOCK. I use and want some features others may not. Allow us to drag the function button we want.

We just returned from our Christmas visit to Maryland and at night and with rain the new Blind Spot camera are useless. Also the turn single lights affect the image. And know that the vehicle you are trying to merge with is CLOSER than it appears in the video screens. Twice I got flashed and honked at by the vehicle I was trying to merge with. So you still need to use your eyes to gauge the actual space available. Hopefully someone will design a test to show this a anomaly. So don’t relay on the camera views entirely.

Reactions: e645824 and OxBrew

You noticed the speed compensation volume as well! I actually hate it. It never existed on my Y before the holiday update and I see nowhere in the UI to turn it off. :(

Reactions: bobbyjae
You noticed the speed compensation volume as well! I actually hate it. It never existed on my Y before the holiday update and I see nowhere in the UI to turn it off. :(
I was glad to finally see this feature and not have to constantly adjust volume in traffic between freeway speeds and slow downs. I was used to it on my Lexus and noticed the missing feature on the Y. They should make a toggle though so it’s optional for folks.

So you think comparing your car to something worse is a solution?
Of course not, I’m just pointing out that people who are screaming that the world has ended are WAY over the top. Sure V11 needs work but even in its current state it’s better than the others I mentioned.

what do you think will get more traction with Tesla? screaming ‘”you guys are idiots this whole this is garbage!!!” Or “I really would like to see a way to turn on seat warmers from the main screen again” ???

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrbrock