Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update (2021.44.25.2)- A Big Disappointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're hysterical, take it easy there pal... it's supposed to be a helpful message board, this above is comical at best. No one is cancelling anyone, you just can't seem to handle someone's difference in opinion. It's also not a false narrative, there's an entire board related to actually enjoying and liking v11. Heck, there are YouTube videos on it, here's just one of many below...

Haha, I know you want everyone to agree with you but that's just not going to happen. Move on... it's ok... try being helpful and a bit respectful, none of this has to do with politics, nor should it... But since you went there, Tesla did a great job at making their software great again with v11... it's a YUGE improvement!

Sorry, that video was utterly unhelpful, and towards the end he says he couldn't figure out how to use the cards in V10 but finds digging through a menu to be easier? sorry - he lost all credibility there.

• Disagree
Reactions: Vin_L
Nobody added "open butthole" as an easter egg. The voice command interpreter is adaptive and keys in on the "open" part and ignores the rest. You can say "open <anything>" and it'll do the same thing.
I haven’t tried other things, but when I say “open glovebox” the glovebox opens, not the rear hatch.

Attachments

• 1642557130744.jpeg
    1642557130744.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 1642557148835.jpeg
    1642557148835.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 1642557160268.jpeg
    1642557160268.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I haven’t tried other things, but when I say “open glovebox” the glovebox opens, not the rear hatch.
True, other specific things it can open are the exception. I played with this a year or two ago and found that no matter what I said, it would open either the charge port door or the glovebox. Charge port door was by far more common.

Same principle applies to saying things like "set my seat to three bacon". You can say "set my seat to three ice cubes" and it'll turn on the seat heat on high. Pick anything you want for the noun.

They aren't easter eggs; they're just amusing default actions.

OK, I'm late to the party but I'm now a V11 user because I didn’t keep up with rescheduling the software installation so I could stay on V10 a bit longer. I've run through the release notes (somehow lost access to the video intro) and set everything up. I didn't expect it to be very difficult to figure out and it wasn't. However, that doesn't mean I like it. Apart from some very detrimental changes in controls, the overall look is cartoonish and frivolous, lacking the gravitas of V10 display.

There's obviously going to be repetition of what previous posters have commented, but here are my reactions. These are personal opinions; yours may differ, and you’re entitled to disagree from your POV but please don’t tell me I’m wrong.

Improvements
  • blind spot camera (although I haven't used it in battle yet)
  • temperature and seat controls closer to the applicable user
  • defrost controls closer to driver
  • route waypoint editing
  • map mode icon closer to driver
  • Supercharger icon closer to driver
  • recently used icons displayed, rather than being accessed by sweep up on caret icon, hoping it gives the expected result
Fails
  • no ongoing visibility of LTE signal strength, defrost and seat heater settings
  • tiny seat belt display, rotated 90 degrees – harder to interpret
  • don’t like separation of TACC and autosteer status at opposite sides of display
  • need to open climate display to view/change seat heaters and defog/defrost
  • climate display obscures driving display, seat belt status and wiper card. It did this before, but there was much less need to have it open
  • auto seat heaters are activated every time climate control is restored to Auto mode, regardless what setting was previously selected in manual control
  • temperature zone SYNC replaced by Split (why?), but both temperature selectors remain visible, cannot readily determine which mode is active
  • opening climate mini-panel requires changing temperature setting
  • no way to view wiper settings without activating wipers or Controls menu, and the latter is too far away from driver
  • no decimal on odometer, which is also more difficult to access and can’t be left visible because it blocks the map
  • driver profile change requires an extra tap (auto selection is very unreliable, and also I change profile manually before entering garage)
  • rear camera and dashcam icons are too similar
  • music icon used to be a great way to clear any other window and restore the music display at its previous size (I always kept the minimum on-screen size). Now pressing the icon always makes a full-screen display.
  • no more timing on streaming music display
The rest are slight improvements, tolerable/adaptable differences or gimmicks that bring no particular value to my driving experience. Overall, the drawbacks outweigh the advantages for me, but I have no choice but to live with it if I want to keep the car.

True, other specific things it can open are the exception. I played with this a year or two ago and found that no matter what I said, it would open either the charge port door or the glovebox. Charge port door was by far more common.

Same principle applies to saying things like "set my seat to three bacon". You can say "set my seat to three ice cubes" and it'll turn on the seat heat on high. Pick anything you want for the noun.

So many easy options to turn on the seat heaters.

I went out and played around. “Open glovebox”, “open trunk,“ “open frunk” (actually open ‘Frank!’) and ”open charge port” all work as expected. ”open door” returned “command not understood” and “open butthole” opened the charge port so I have to say your assessment seems to be false.

Edit - I didn’t try setting my seat to 3 bacon but I suspect in the syntax parsing algorithm translates that to “set seat three” and ignores the bacon, icecubes or whatever comes afterwards. With the ‘Open’ command it very much looks at the direct object in the phrase and only recognizes certain items so ‘butthole’ must have been specifically programmed. Whether Elon specifically requested it or it was simply added by one of the programmers as a joke I can’t say.

1642557405021.jpeg

1642557422691.jpeg

1642557262494.jpeg

I went out and played around. “Open glovebox”, “open trunk,“ “open frunk” (actually open ‘Frank!’) and ”open charge port” all work as expected. ”open door” returned “command not understood” and “open butthole” opened the charge port so I have to say your assessment seems to be false.

Edit - I didn’t try setting my seat to 3 bacon but I suspect in the syntax parsing algorithm translates that to “set seat three” and ignores the bacon, icecubes or whatever comes afterwards. With the ‘Open’ command it very much looks at the direct object in the phrase and only recognizes certain items so ‘butthole’ must have been specifically programmed. Whether Elon specifically requested it or it was simply added by one of the programmers as a joke I can’t say.
Guess all I can say is that a year ago or whenever it was that someone "discovered" this and it was all over the forums, I tried a bunch of unrelated nouns and they all opened the charge port door. I wouldn't be surprised if the algorithm/programming has changed since then in some way. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: sleepydoc