Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update (2021.44.25.2)- A Big Disappointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess all I can say is that a year ago or whenever it was that someone "discovered" this and it was all over the forums, I tried a bunch of unrelated nouns and they all opened the charge port door. I wouldn't be surprised if the algorithm/programming has changed since then in some way. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, idunno. I didn't try it until tonight and that's what it did tonight in my car. It'll probably change with V12!

Yeah, idunno. I didn't try it until tonight and that's what it did tonight in my car. It'll probably change with V12!
Well just so nobody thinks I'm crazy..... 😅

1642640936995.jpeg

It appears I've lost the controls I easily used which are now hidden in sub-menus and lost the cards that displayed below the car graphic completely.

Realizing change is sometimes difficult it is especially so when the change seems to be a step backward.

The light show and all the games are kind of silly and have no value but if I don't want, I don't have to use them.

Having the cards with the odometer and trip info, tire pressure info right below the car graphic was a nice touch.

I see reference to "Simplified Controls" along with a graphic depicting same. I can't locate it so how simple is it.

Now I have to go to Controls>Trips
Controls>Service for tire pressure
Controls>Charging

And so on.

Going from one button to 2 buttons to accomplish the same thing seems to be an odd solution for a moving vehicle And where the heck is Simplified Controls?

All the time and money wasted on silly games and a light show and then to make the interface worse (my opinion) is just awful.

Would be nice if I could uninstall this Christmas Update and take a step backward.

So much for that. Happy Holidays everybody!
One man's step backward is another man's going forward.
I'll gladly take a step backward and uninstall the upgrade and go forward. Is there a way to do this?

I actually do like the new update. I get it, things moved, but for me, I very seldom used the trip card or the tire pressure. Just to check once a week if that. So if it’s somewhere else, to me, that’s fine.

I like that finally when you turn the signal lights on, the cameras turn on. FINALLY!!

The fact that you can now customize the bottom menu to put the apps you want, instead of opening the music button, then making it bigger to switch to another app (FM/spotify/etc) now there are individual apps and you can have a button for them there for east access.

And come on, the light show is kinda cool even tho it’s silly, isn’t that what Teslas have always been about? Different, cool, silly.
Different, cool, silly. No, I bragged to friends about how easy the Tesla is to drive, the simple intuitive driver friendly UI, and the great Trip Planner in the Nav so you never run out of charge.
After this upgrade, I stopped bragging. Now I say it's different cool, silly. They are not impressed.

It’s all still there. Very similar to a major iPhone update. It’s confusing at first then becomes second nature. Once you get used to it in a day or two, it will get a lot better. I also predict another update soon with minor tweaks.
It's confusing at first.
Well I wasn't confused when I drove my Tesla out of the lot over a year ago after never test driving one. UI was easy out of the box and took a couple minutes to get used to. This one is not. This UI takes a couple days to get used to, is not a good UI. Especially in a moving vehicle.

Took a rare 40 mile trip. Needed the nav screen to get where I was going. With the previous version I could monitor the energy use and try to stay in the “250“ zone With a quick glance to the “cards”. I can no longer do both. Also missing easily checking tire pressure when tires are warmed up. This update is a real disappointment.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Took a rare 40 mile trip. Needed the nav screen to get where I was going. With the previous version I could monitor the energy use and try to stay in the “250“ zone With a quick glance to the “cards”. I can no longer do both. Also missing easily checking tire pressure when tires are warmed up. This update is a real disappointment.
Agree. On the other hand, the Energy display is easier to access if you make it one of your 4 quick-launch functions but then the map is blocked while you use it.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jimt29
I noticed the next turn shows up below the car on the left pane when the whole map is covered with something.. its not too bad imo
...except that it used to be at the top which was much more useful. I suspect moving it to the bottom may have something to do with FSD, because otherwise it makes no sense to be so far down. I look ahead when I'm driving, not behind! Also, it's hidden behind the climate display which is full-width.

Agree. On the other hand, the Energy display is easier to access if you make it one of your 4 quick-launch functions but then the map is blocked while you use it.
Energy display is mostly useless, IME. Energy display gives you a huge undulating graph of estimated range that is not connected to your current trip at all, plus it takes the entire screen to do so. The odometer cards gave you a nice succinct Wh/mi for the current trip, since the last charge or since resetting the trip odometer. plus you could easily leave them up the entire time.