Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update (2021.44.25.2)- A Big Disappointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Consumption screen isn't useless. Its an excellent way to see how your driving style compares to the EPA rated consumption baseline.
Keep it on 'average' and 15 or 30 mile.
If I'm at or below the EPA rated kW consumption I know im doing pretty darn good. And most of the time I am below.
Learn and watch the results of being easy on the go-pedal, and exploit hills and declines to glide with a neutral demand/regen line.
The results are impressive.

The Consumption screen isn't useless. Its an excellent way to see how your driving style compares to the EPA rated consumption baseline.
Keep it on 'average' and 15 or 30 mile.
If I'm at or below the EPA rated kW consumption I know im doing pretty darn good. And most of the time I am below.
Learn and watch the results of being easy on the go-pedal, and exploit hills and declines to glide with a neutral demand/regen line.
The results are impressive.
But. But in version 11 you don’t get a NAV screen AND a trip/lifetime or anything when viewing that info. One or the other. The Version with the “Cards“ you got both. And the consumption screen was still available. And a free peek at tire pressure. But there is the Light Show and some more games. Sigh.

Reactions: DarrenHD
But. But in version 11 you don’t get a NAV screen AND a trip/lifetime or anything when viewing that info. One or the other. The Version with the “Cards“ you got both. And the consumption screen was still available. And a free peek at tire pressure. But there is the Light Show and some more games. Sigh.
agree and having a single Wh/mi number gave me all the information I needed without taking up an entire screen to do so. The EPA range was about 240-250 Wh/mi so you knew instantly about how good or bad you were doing.

Reactions: Jimt29
Its an excellent way to see how your driving style compares to the EPA rated consumption baseline.
Why would I care? My environment is not what they EPA worked with (w.r.t. weather, road conditions, elevation changes, etc) so why would I care if I get what the EPA told me to expect?

The EPA numbers are a good comparison tool between cars, but it's pretty useless for working with real-life efficiency.

Reactions: gt2690b
Why would I care? My environment is not what they EPA worked with (w.r.t. weather, road conditions, elevation changes, etc) so why would I care if I get what the EPA told me to expect?

The EPA numbers are a good comparison tool between cars, but it's pretty useless for working with real-life efficiency.
And yet I found/find it helpful to judge my driving by comparing how I’M doing not some vague EPA value. It kept me from being overly aggressive and gave me satisfaction that I was driving in an economical way. I’m comparing me to me. I tried to stay at or below that 250 kWh benchmark.

Driving our Tesla like nothing happened. Everything works just as good as before. But again I set AC to Auto and don’t play with my screen while driving. When commuting I don’t care about what my efficiency is and when I am on road trip I use trip meter and it works great. I can see how for some people it is a problem but that is why we have competition. If you don’t like Tesla way you can always get VW or Ford or any other EV offering with all the buttons galore. Enjoy the life it is too short to be pissed about such a little thing as Slight UI change in the car.

Driving our Tesla like nothing happened. Everything works just as good as before. But again I set AC to Auto and don’t play with my screen while driving. When commuting I don’t care about what my efficiency is and when I am on road trip I use trip meter and it works great. I can see how for some people it is a problem but that is why we have competition. If you don’t like Tesla way you can always get VW or Ford or any other EV offering with all the buttons galore. Enjoy the life it is too short to be pissed about such a little thing as Slight UI change in the car.
We’ll, for you and 3 others like you v11 is fine. But then anything would be fine if you don’t use it. For the rest of us that actually do need to use the interface it’s an issue.

And sorry, saying “If you don’t like Tesla way you can always get VW or Ford” is just asinine. Everyone here already owns their car. You say that like it’s totally reasonable to expect people to sell the car they just bought and get a new one. It must be nice to live in Elon’s world.

We’ll, for you and 3 others like you v11 is fine. But then anything would be fine if you don’t use it. For the rest of us that actually do need to use the interface it’s an issue.

And sorry, saying “If you don’t like Tesla way you can always get VW or Ford” is just asinine. Everyone here already owns their car. You say that like it’s totally reasonable to expect people to sell the car they just bought and get a new one. It must be nice to live in Elon’s world.
Quick fact check here... Way more than 3 others, v11 Nation is growing by the day and will be even bigger once the next update drops.

It's freakin awesome to live in Elon's world, give it a shot, you'll be much happier with everything your car has to offer!

How is this still going on? LOL, I guess we just keep going back and forth arguing the same thing until the next version drops?

Quick fact check here... Way more than 3 others, v11 Nation is growing by the day and will be even bigger once the next update drops.

It's freakin awesome to live in Elon's world, give it a shot, you'll be much happier with everything your car has to offer!

How is this still going on? LOL, I guess we just keep going back and forth arguing the same thing until the next version drops?
You have been assimilated.... ;)

Love how you trying to bend the reality of you not liking the update as majority doesn’t like it too. Niiiice

That's exactly what is happening here...well said.

It’s been over a month since V11. Are you still having difficulty with the seat heaters and wipers? Has is gotten any easier for you?