Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday update, blue car color change in dash cluster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this one is interesting. WIth the new holiday update, the color of my car in the driving visualizations is much lighter than it was before. If I pull up the car status info screen (tire pressure) that one still uses the original (and darker) deep metallic blue color.

This is interesting because earlier this month I had my car wrapped in 3M Satin Perfect Blue... and the new color looks very close to it. I'm wondering if somehow the side/rear cameras picked up my new car color and Tesla is using that in the visualizations?

Last edited:
Surely it knows the color by the VIN. That would certainly be a nice feature to use the cameras, though, since the color may change during ownership. I look forward to other wrapped or repainted Teslas confirming if changing the color or shade of the car changes the visualizations presented. That would be truly unexpected.

Based on replies from Reddit seems like this is just the new lighting effects they are trying to apply to the car.

Also noticed the wheels now aren't the proper ones, so this goes just more onto the big misses in terms of UI (dis)enhancements done with this holiday update.

Reactions: DerbyDave
So this one is interesting. WIth the new holiday update, the color of my car in the driving visualizations is much lighter than it was before. If I pull up the car status info screen (tire pressure) that one still uses the original (and darker) deep metallic blue color.

This is interesting because earlier this month I had my car wrapped in 3M Satin Perfect Blue... and the new color looks very close to it. I'm wondering if somehow the side/rear cameras picked up my new car color and Tesla is using that in the visualizations?

Ha, you attribute way too much skill and thought to the UI designers! I drive blue too. The new shade in the IC looks like a cheap GM or Ford. Before, it made me smile to glance at that beautiful blue metallic.

• Funny
Reactions: DerbyDave