Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update & FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla just announced the 2022 Holiday Update is rolling out now, with lots of cool new features that I am of course excited about. Any chance that will include FSD Beta? I've been very patiently waiting for FSD beta but wondering if I should reject this update when I get it because it will prolong FSD that much further. Any thoughts or evidence?

Tesla just announced the 2022 Holiday Update is rolling out now, with lots of cool new features that I am of course excited about. Any chance that will include FSD Beta? I've been very patiently waiting for FSD beta but wondering if I should reject this update when I get it because it will prolong FSD that much further. Any thoughts or evidence?
No reports of the current holiday update containing city streets FSD. If you are already on 2022.44.x, then there should be no reason not to update. But, if you are on 2022.40.x, or lower, I would hold off until a new version of FSD beta goes out.

FSD beta is currently on 2022.40.4 for 10.69.3.3 and currently 2022.40.5 for v11 of FSDb (v11 is not released though afaik)

V11 is supposed to merge both the FSDb and the main releases but until then FSDb will not see the new features in the holiday update. FSDb users will be behind on new features until they are merged.

I have 2022.40.4.2 installed and 2022.44.2 downloaded but not installed. If 10.69.3.3 is based on 2022.40.4 I won’t get that, but whenever 2022.40.5 comes out, would I get that if I still have 2022.44.2 waiting to be installed? I saw a similar question in another thread but it wasn’t answered. I’m guessing the pending install would prevent me from getting anything older.

FSD beta is currently on 2022.40.4 for 10.69.3.3 and currently 2022.40.5 for v11 of FSDb (v11 is not released though afaik)

V11 is supposed to merge both the FSDb and the main releases but until then FSDb will not see the new features in the holiday update. FSDb users will be behind on new features until they are merged.
Where did this rumor come from that V11 would merge the releases? There's been nothing from Tesla stating this. It seems more obvious that there will continue to be Beta and non-Beta builds from testing taking place.

Reactions: Dewg
I have 2022.40.4.2 installed and 2022.44.2 downloaded but not installed. If 10.69.3.3 is based on 2022.40.4 I won’t get that, but whenever 2022.40.5 comes out, would I get that if I still have 2022.44.2 waiting to be installed? I saw a similar question in another thread but it wasn’t answered. I’m guessing the pending install would prevent me from getting anything older.
If you have 2022.40.4.2 you would be able to get either 2022.40.4 or 40.5, but we don't know that will be the final build number. Until we see it rolling out to actual testers, everything is a guess.

Where did this rumor come from that V11 would merge the releases? There's been nothing from Tesla stating this. It seems more obvious that there will continue to be Beta and non-Beta builds from testing taking place.
Why would Tesla maintain two separate software versions if it's now wide release and moving to single stack in v11? Seems much easier to have a single version and either enable or disable the beta. I could be wrong...but single stack is what v11 is supposed to bring. Isn't NOAP still beta too?

The way things are now is kind of a mess because vehicles can't join the beta if they are on a newer version of software. Switching to a single version would make it easier for vehicle to opt in and for Tesla to gather more info from a larger fleet of vehicles.

Reactions: jhodgesatmb
Doubt those of us on FSD Beta will get holiday treat but I am too busy reading Santa Elon’s spine tingling investigative Tweets to care.🎅

Last edited:
Why would Tesla maintain two separate software versions if it's now wide release and moving to single stack in v11? Seems much easier to have a single version and either enable or disable the beta. I could be wrong...but single stack is what v11 is supposed to bring. Isn't NOAP still beta too?

The way things are now is kind of a mess because vehicles can't join the beta if they are on a newer version of software. Switching to a single version would make it easier for vehicle to opt in and for Tesla to gather more info from a larger fleet of vehicles.
Because the legacy NoA stack is WELL proven and a known software. Beta on highways is all new and will need LOTS of testing and tweaking before it is close to the old NoA stack. I bet the new highway stack will replace the NoA stack EVENTUALLY but will likely take over 6 months to 18 months of proving before it happens.

Reports are we will have the option to turn the NoA stack on for highways and Beta highways off (like Beta is now) when V11 is released. This is because many will be unhappy with the regressions that will happen in the early versions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dewg