Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday update on MCU1/HW3 release notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

viper2ko

Aug 30, 2017
USA
20210114_225319.jpg
20210114_225324.jpg

Looks like everything but the games. Surprised solitaire didn't make the cut. Performance of the MCU feels worse now. Dragging through the release notes was pretty bad where before it was actually smooth. Release notes took about 45 seconds to load

Last edited:
View attachment 627689 View attachment 627690

Looks like everything but the games. Surprised solitaire didn't make the cut. Performance of the MCU feels worse now. Dragging through the release notes was pretty bad where before it was actually smooth. Release notes took about 45 seconds to load

I just got the update too. I'm shocked, the MCU responsiveness in the map has actually improved drastically. I just navigated to a destination two states away and it did it in like 10 seconds. And voice commands work now! This was unexpected. Release notes are slow for me too, but that seems to be it.

I just got the update too. I'm shocked, the MCU responsiveness in the map has actually improved drastically. I just navigated to a destination two states away and it did it in like 10 seconds. And voice commands work now! This was unexpected. Release notes are slow for me too, but that seems to be it.

I didnt try nav. About to go test it out

Can also confirm the IC display only has changes to the speed etc. The little car itself is unchanged,so you can't see the MCU etc, maybe a little worse. I suspect maybe to try and handle visuals that will be needed for FSD

Can also confirm the IC display only has changes to the speed etc. The little car itself is unchanged,so you can't see the MCU etc, maybe a little worse. I suspect maybe to try and handle visuals that will be needed for FSD

I haven't taken a drive yet, just poked around while it was parked, but it seems like most of the new changes that people don't like are not there in the IC?