Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday update? what can we expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone thinks something major is coming? Or a new polished UI? I feel that the Software has pretty much peaked in a sense that the new UI we have now is what is likely going to be used for a while. Cybertruck Model S and X have this new updated UI elements- maybe us Y and 3 owners can get a taste of that too.

• Funny
Reactions: KArnold
X/Twitter app on dashboard.

I’d settle for getting radar input and AP that isn’t trying to kill me back though.
I really want CarPlay.. not so much for the navi sort of things - but more for the music integration as teslas software is real *sugar*. That is coming from me as a Senior SW engineer its pathetic the implementation methods they use. ;(

The turn signal stalk will be deactivated and replaced with ai-based auto turn signals with voice control override.
The car visualization panel will expand to take up half the screen.
The speedometer and state of charge readout will be moved into the 'service' sub-menu.
The in-car camera will auto-adjust the drivers seat settings to position your head for ideal driving position (no manual override).

Wondering if anyone thinks something major is coming? Or a new polished UI? I feel that the Software has pretty much peaked in a sense that the new UI we have now is what is likely going to be used for a while. Cybertruck Model S and X have this new updated UI elements- maybe us Y and 3 owners can get a taste of that too.

We can expect that, no matter what Tesla does, there will be much gnashing of teeth / complaints. If they dont release an update, people will complain about the fact that there isnt an update, and post going on and on about being "Stuck on firmware XXXXX for 3 weeks, should I put in a service appointment????"

If they do release any sort of holiday update, we will have several threads here complaining about it, no matter whats in it or what it does. Even if carplay was in it (it wont be), people would be complaining about the implementation, or the speed or something else regarding how it did or didnt do something they felt it should or shouldnt do.

This thread is just a head start on that process.

(this is what happens every year)

Last edited:
The turn signal stalk will be deactivated and replaced with ai-based auto turn signals with voice control override.
The car visualization panel will expand to take up half the screen.
The speedometer and state of charge readout will be moved into the 'service' sub-menu.
The in-car camera will auto-adjust the drivers seat settings to position your head for ideal driving position (no manual override).

that is kind of my fear. even though you obviously exaggerated.

We can expect that, no matter what Tesla does, there will be much gnashing of teeth / complaints. If they dont release an update, people will complain about the fact that there isnt an update, and post going on and on about being "Stuck on firmware XXXXX for 3 weeks, should I put in a service appointment????"

If they do release any sort of holiday update, we will have several threads here complaining about it, no matter whats in it or what it does. Even if carplay was in it (it wont be), people would be complaining about the implementation, or the speed or something else regarding how it did or didnt do something they felt it should or shouldnt do.

This thread is just a head start on that process.

Noone would complain if the changes were sensible. Unfortunately the majority of changes make the car objectively worse.
I.e. its much harder to navigate songs, there is less colour differentiation between windows (previously there wasnt but the windows had a gap so it made sense). They removed seat heater access with one update.
More recently they split the rear and front seat heater control - so you cant do it from one screen. You can see the backrow seats but touching them doesnt turn on the seat heater. its completely dumb.

Especially on the S the dash screen lost its shading which actually makes it look like a beta prototype.

Noone would complain if the changes were sensible. Unfortunately the majority of changes make the car objectively worse.
I.e. its much harder to navigate songs, there is less colour differentiation between windows (previously there wasnt but the windows had a gap so it made sense). They removed seat heater access with one update.
More recently they split the rear and front seat heater control - so you cant do it from one screen. You can see the backrow seats but touching them doesnt turn on the seat heater. its completely dumb.

Especially on the S the dash screen lost its shading which actually makes it look like a beta prototype.

People have been complaining every UI version change since I got my car in 2018, I am sure they were complaining before that. People complain when websites change their UI, pretty much no matter what change is made (for example). Yes, they would complain, no matter what. Its just human nature.

Here is a thread on V10 here (the same v10 that some are still holding onto for dear life now):

Its mostly "V10 sucks stay on V8.1 / V9".

Last edited:
People have been complaining every UI version change since I got my car in 2018, I am sure they were complaining before that. People complain when websites change their UI, pretty much no matter what change is made (for example). Yes, they would complain, no matter what. Its just human nature.

Here is a thread on V10 here (the same v10 that some are still holding onto for dear life now):

Its mostly "V10 sucks stay on V8.1 / V9".

you can understand that. I dont have an S and the UI in large parts got worse over time.
The S has a certain design philosophy tesla have been messing with every update. I.e. the navigation bar belongs to the top of the S, not the bottom.

A lump of coal in your stocking and Donald Trump writing tweets all in caps

If someone went from V10 to the March 2022 V11, we could argue complainers were just doing their thing. However, from V10 to the Dec 2021 V11, it was completely a sh1t show and people had their rights to complain.

Last edited: