Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday update? what can we expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wishlist of mine:
Smaller driving visualisation (I have my doubts we are ever seeing that.), maybe that 360 camera view that apparently has been in development forever, or at least whatever topdown they can give us. Automatic wheel heater (AFAIK, it's the only one that is not automatic if you set X or Y temperature).

Definitely want a better Spotify app, would like to see Apple Music support (wasnt it in the code and toggles for a while?). Proper use of the Matrix headlights (adaptive beams), ACTUALLY WORKING AUTO HIGH BEAMS (what a joke they are.).

When we test-drove before ordering, it was on V10, I quite liked the software. V11 is what our car got delivered with, so I am already used to it and I think the March updates really helped make it fine. Though they still haven't brought back the tire pressure / trip counter card. those ones, I truly miss.

2022 Holiday Update wish list

• Only well-debugged and usability-tested improvements.
  • Post detail release notes (including bug fixes) on tesla.com.
  • (Boomer mode) A setting for larger fonts, better contrast, and a bit more margin between the speedometer and the screen edge. Include a larger browser font. (Browser text is currently too tiny to read, even while parked. My progressive lenses make it sharp. They aren't magnifying glasses.)
  • Shrinkable car visualization (the digital twin).
  • Process voice commands in-car for car controls (not for nav & streaming queries)!
  • Voice commands for headlights, fog lights, and the USB audio library.
  • Make voice commands more regular, memorable, and documented, with voice feedback.
  • Keep adding ways (like swipe up from the bottom of the screen) to operate key touch-screen controls like the defogger and recirculation without taking eyes off the road. (Voice commands can be too slow or not work.) Make them self revealing like the swipe-up-from-bottom gesture, not like the old "cards."
  • Audio player UI improvements like allocating two full lines to show a song or podcast episode title (rather than clipping it short), add a margin to un-hide the playback progress line, show the progress time without having to drag it and lose it, preserve the list position when going "Back" to a list, ...
  • Sell me accessory controls, e.g. physical dial(s) to turn to adjust wiper speed, fan speed, temperature, and audio music selection. Or overload one of the thumb wheels in a way that's not modal. (I know about S3XY buttons but that company has to reverse engineer the CAN signals for Tesla software updates.)
  • Increase the success rates of auto-profile selection, auto-headlights, auto-high-beams, and auto-wipers.
  • Display a message with each chime so drivers can learn what they mean.
  • Bring back calendar-sync filters.
  • A way to get roadway info without AM radio.
  • Enable scrubbing through sentry video playback.

Also
  • Make the parts for the December 2021 trunk lid harness recall.

roadway info on AM.jpg

Whats really missing now that I think about it is to finally leverage thre matrix headlights with some advanced features now that the US regulations have been relaxed. It’s time for them to make these lights stand out from the regular lights. Light show excluded there really isn’t anything unique until they leverage it via software.

Reactions: Canyonero and Jo060
Whats really missing now that I think about it is to finally leverage thre matrix headlights with some advanced features now that the US regulations have been relaxed. It’s time for them to make these lights stand out from the regular lights. Light show excluded there really isn’t anything unique until they leverage it via software.
I wouldn't hold your breath for that one. They can't even get normal auto highbeams working right. They're not going to have the matrix capability working well any time soon.

It was possible to disable the auto seat heater in earlier software versions. Have they eliminated that option? I hope not... the auto seat heaters seem to provide a certain path to "swamp butt."
You can turn it off by cycling through seat heater icon. My biggest gripe is auto seat heater is merged with auto climate control, why? I don’t need warm butt all the time! 😡 unwanted feature shoved down our throat.

Is it the year where we FINALLY get Apple Music?!

Apparently the icon is there on one of the cars displayed at the Peterson Museum Exhibit...

Apple Music coming soon to Tesla vehicles
That would be awesome! While I have enjoyed Tidal, I have kept my Apple Music subscription and would be awesome to be full time back with Apple Music. Hope the quality is great too!

Now if you can just get album art in refresh Model S Drivers console and blind spot video there too would be even better, along with fixed favorites/presents and SiriusXM that stays as a favorite. :)

2. Full screen browser when parked.
I do that through the YouTube app. I don’t remember the exact sequence, but it’s something like going to the help info within YouTube, which is full screen, and somehow somewhere along the way, I got a URL entry box at the top, then boom. I don’t know how good the browser embedded in YouTube is, but it worked full screen. I can try again and post a video tomorrow if you don’t find it.

Reactions: henderrj
You can turn it off by cycling through seat heater icon. My biggest gripe is auto seat heater is merged with auto climate control, why? I don’t need warm butt all the time! 😡 unwanted feature shoved down our throat.

If you set heated seats to off while leaving the climate control on auto, do those settings not save? You have to cycle through to turn it off every time you enter the car?

I’ve never tried turning them off so not sure. Imo, the auto heated seats are so conservative I don’t even notice them. I never actually feel them getting hot, they more or less just keep the chill out of the seats and work remarkably well. Model S could be a different setup though, not familiar with it.

Reactions: ss71 and Zhe Wiz